Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM) Bhopal
IIFM Bhopal is an autonomous AICTE-approved public institution. Out of the 59 participating companies in the placement drive Indian Institute of Forest Management, 18% of placement recruiters include Wildlife & Environment NGOs, Paper & Dairy, and other government agencies. 10% included Research and Consultancy groups. IIFM Bhopal is situated in the City of Lakes and has a campus area of 217 acres with world-class amenities. The institute aims to offer an impactful educational background by blending the concepts of corporate management expertise and environment and development management.
To be eligible for the courses offered by IIFM Bhopal, the candidates must hold the required degree and qualification and valid scores in the CAT/XAT exams. The main objectives of Indian Institute of Forest Management are to understand the managerial human resources in the environment, forest management, natural resource management, and the allied sectors.
IIFM Bhopal has collaborated with IIM-A. The institute offers Post-Graduate programs like PGDM, PGP, and M.Phil related to Forest Management and allied areas. IIFM Bhopal offers admission in its 2-year full-time residential flagship PGDFM and PGDSM program, by considering the CAT Cut Off of 85 percentile. Note the below table to get important information about Indian Institute of Forest Management.
IIFM Bhopal Full Name
Indian Institute of Forest Management Bhopal
http: //iifm .ac .in /
Popular Courses offered by IIFM Bhopal
3 courses across 2 streams
IIFM Bhopal Cut Off
Minimum IIFM Bhopal CAT Cut Off is 85 percentile
IIFM Bhopal Package
Rs. 7.5 lakhs per annum
Total Student Enrolments
IIFM Bhopal Fees Structure
PGDFM – Rs.240000 (annual)
IIFM Bhopal Placements
Indian Institute of Forest Management or IIFM Bhopal Placements of the last years concluded brilliantly. The institute has achieved a 100% placement, and internship record with the IIFM Bhopal highest salary offered was 14 LPA wherein 43.34% of students were placed in government agencies and NGOs. Here is a brief overview of Indian Institute of Forest Management Bhopal Placements of the last year: Go through the details of CAT Eligibility, including age limit, the number of attempts, work experiences, and educational requirements.
Placement Record at IIFM Bhopal
Total students for placement
PPOs - pre-placement offers
IIFM Bhopal average package
Rs. 7.5 LPA
Number of companies
59 companies made 146 offers to 104 participants
IIFM Bhopal highest salary offered
Rs. 14 lakhs per annum
NGOs, Govt Organizations, and Financial Sector
Top Recruiters at IIFM Bhopal
IDFC Bank, Jai Kisan, WWF
Jai Kisan, CEEW, Samasta Microfinance, Pradan, WWF India, Wildlife Trust of India, Odisha Livelihood Mission, etc
Placement Process Indian Institute of Forest Management
IIFM Bhopal final placement process is described in the below section in the step-by-step format:
- Step 1 – IIFM Bhopal sends invitations to organizations to participate in the campus recruitment process.
- Step 2 – The companies deliver a pre-placement talk (PPT) to clarify the students' doubts and clarify the process and expectations before the final placement process at IIFM Bhopal.
- Step 3 - The invited companies extend job offers along with remuneration and description of the job.
- Step 4 - Students go through personality development workshops and soft skills training to help them perform better.
☛ Also Check: CAT Preparation
IIFM Bhopal Summer Placements
The Summer Internship Programme provides students of Indian Institute of Forest Management with real-world experiences in the professional world and an opportunity to develop critical thinking and excel in business. A detailed report of IIFM Bhopal summer placements 2021 is given below. Stay updated with all the latest updates as per the official XAT Exam Date.
Participating Recruiters at IIFM Bhopal
INR 1.68 lakhs per month
INR 4 lakhs per month
Indian Institute of Forest Management Placements Trends
The following table highlights the IIFM Bhopal placement last years trends:
Number of Offers Accepted
IIFM 2015 - 16
IIFM 2016 - 17
IIFM 2017 - 18
IIFM 2018 - 19
IIFM 2019 - 20
☛ Related Links:
Indian Institute of Forest Management Bhopal (IIFM): Top Recruiting Companies
Note the table below to get an idea of the top recruiting companies at IIFM Bhopal
Top Recruiting Companies
Network for Certification and Conservation of Forests (NCCF)
Spandana Sphoorthy Financial Ltd.
Northern Arc Capital
IDFC First Bank
L&T Financial Services
Bihar Rural Livelihoods Promotion Society
Odisha Livelihoods Mission
Odisha Rural Development & Marketing Society
Rajiv Gandhi Mission for Watershed Management (M.P.)
ICICI Prudential Life insurance
Sector-Wise Placements for PGDM at Indian Institute of Forest Management
A maximum number of students of IIFM Bhopal were placed in Conservation and Livelihood discipline followed by Development Management and Environmental Management: Here are the top sectors that offered placements in Indian Institute of Forest Management Bhopal. Check previous years' XAT Cutoff to know the trends of marks required for the final admission process.
Number of Offers Accepted
Conservation and Livelihoods
Function-Wise Placements at IIFM Bhopal
Indian Institute of Forest Management Bhopal function-wise placements has been outstanding in the academic year 2019 – 2021, with a gender diversity of 70% (males) and 30% (females).
Let us look at the details of the top functions offered placements in IIFM Bhopal:
Number of Offers Accepted
Banks and Microfinance
State rural livelihood missions
Research and consultancy
Other government agencies
IIFM Bhopal Placements Based on Work Experience
Note the table below to get an idea of the work experience based on Indian Institute of Forest Management Placement records in the last years.
Males - 36
Females - 23
Males - 29
Females - 5
Indian Institute of Forest Management Bhopal (IIFM): Location-Wise Placements
IIFM Bhopal location-wise placements are scattered across many regions of the country. Let us look at the trend of top locations offered placements in this institute
States of India
☛ Related Link:
IIFM Bhopal Packages: Year-Wise Trends
The sector-wise Indian Institute of Forest Management Bhopal packages has improved in the latest years. Here is IIFM Bhopal year-wise salary analysis of the past years in LPA
Indian Institute of Forest Management Cut Off
The details of aggregate highest and lowest CAT Result of candidates admitted in PGDFM are:
Highest CAT percentile
Lowest CAT percentile
The details of the aggregate highest and lowest CAT Percentile of candidates admitted in PGDSM are:
Highest CAT percentile
Lowest CAT percentile
Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM) Fees Structure
IIFM Bhopal strives to offer PGD, Certification, Ph.D., and M.Phil. courses imparting quality management training and developing knowledge in Environment, Forest, and Natural Resources Management. Here is a breakdown of the Indian Institute of Forest Management Fees Structure for PGDFM/PGDSM, M.Phil, FPM, and Certification courses. Note that CAT Answer Key is only available online and you have to download it from the official website to cross-check your answers.
PGDFM/PGDSM Fees Structure at IIFM Bhopal
Let us look at the fee payable by students admitted to PGDFM in General Category/ Non-creamy OBC/ Differently Abled /EWS Candidates: -
IIFM Bhopal Tuition Fees
Computer and Internet Fees
Teaching material and Library Charges
IIFM Bhopal Hostel Rent
Student Welfare Fund
IIFM Bhopal Development Fund
☛ Also Check: XAT Colleges
IIFM Bhopal M.Phil Fees
Let us look at the fee payable by students admitted to IIFM Bhopal M.Phil programs:
Fees (Amount in Rs.)
Computer & Internet fees
Teaching material & Library charges
IIFM Bhopal Alumni
Student Welfare fund
IIFM Development Fund
Financial Assistance at Indian Institute of Forest Management
The students of IIFM Bhopal also get financial assistance from the college administration. Note the section below to get detailed information about the financial assistance of this institute.
For Monthly Fellowship:
- All selected students who are also non-sponsored get a monthly fellowship of Rs. 16,000 during the first two years, which is later increased to Rs. 19,000 per month for the 3rd and 4th years of the program.
- A contingency amount of Rs. 35,000 per annum is provided to each candidate for 4 years.
- IIFM Bhopal PGDFM graduates selected for the fellow program - FPM get financial assistance and contingency grant for 3 years.
- This assistance is not available to the sponsored candidates.
- If students get a salary from a sponsor, and if it is less than the prescribed monthly fellowship, then the difference will be paid out as an advantage to the student from fellowship provisions.
A contingency grant up to Rs. 35,000/- per year for all 4 years and for IIFM Bhopal graduates for 3 years for purchasing stationery, journals, academic tour and travels, relevant books, computer accessories, and xeroxing expenses.
General FPM Guidelines:
The candidates cannot take any other financial benefits from IIFM Bhopal. They must sign a surety bond and agreement with the Indian Institute of Forest Management that in case of discontinuation of the FPM for any reason, the entire amount of fellowship and contingency shall be refunded by them.
IIFM Bhopal: Certification Courses Fees
There are 3 categories of candidates eligible for Certification Courses at Indian Institute of Forest Management :
- Young professionals who have graduated in horticulture, forestry, or post-graduate in forestry.
- Sponsored Candidates are the in-service professionals deputed for the course by the sponsoring organizations.
- Others are self-funded candidates who are either working professionals or Retired forest officials.
Fees and Expenses
Others (Working professionals or Retired forest officials)
Hostel Fee on sharing basis
Plan A or Plan B
Plan B – Rs. 43500
Plan A or Plan B
116000 plus food expenses
116000 plus food expenses
- Plan A – Regular meals
- Plan B – Customised Meals
☛ Related Links:
Scholarships Offered by Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM)
Three types scholarships are available for PGDFM program, offered by IIFM Bhopal
Scholarships provided by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment:
- The Central Sector Scholarship Scheme at IIFM Bhopal of Top-Class Education for Scheduled Castes (SC) Students. 4 scholarships are available to SC category students at Indian Institute of Forest Management as suggested by the Ministry. The scholarship covers the full fee, books, and stationary charges at a fixed rate and lodging boarding charges.
- Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top-Class Education for Scheduled Tribes (ST) Students. 5 scholarships are available to ST category students at IIFM as suggested by the Ministry. The scholarship covers the full fee, books and stationary charges at a fixed rate, and lodging boarding charges.
IIFM Bhopal scholarships of Rs. 5000 per month are awarded to meritorious students after the first term to motivate them and to cover stationery boarding, lodging charges, and books charges at a fixed rate. The candidates must check the official XAT Syllabus and be prepared for the exam in the best way.
IIFM Bhopal Admission Process
Here are the various steps involved in the Indian Institute of Forest Management admission procedure for various courses:
PGP Admission Process at Indian Institute of Forest Management
IIFM Bhopal has two postgraduate programs:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Forestry Management (PGDFM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sustainability Management (PGDSM)
Both programs are well-equipped with various concepts and students have to spend 8 weeks in an industry. Besides, they have summer internships, fieldwork, and industry projects.
IIFM Bhopal Admission Process for PGDFM and PGDSM
The PGDFM is a two-year full-time residential course wherein students can pursue minor or major specialization out of the 3 specializations:
- Conservation and livelihood
- Development management
- Environmental management
PGP Admission Procedure at Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM)
Note the section below to get an idea of the PGP Admission Procedure at IIFM Bhopal.
- Step 1 - Students need to visit the official website and apply for IIFM Bhopal Online Admission for the required course with their valid CAT/XAT score while adhering to the deadlines.
- Step 2 - After paying the application fee of Rs 1000 (Rs 500 for SC/ST), the selected candidates will be notified of WAT/PI round at IIFM Bhopal.
- Step 3 - Final candidates will be selected based on their performance in WAT and PI, and the selected students need to pay the fee and get their documents verified.
Fee: The total fee for PGDFM and PGDSM programs is Rs. 6,24,000, and candidates can also apply for Scholarships.
IIFM Bhopal M. Phil (NRM) Admission Process: Doctoral Programmes
Below is a step-by-step process for the M.Phill admission process at Indian Institute of Forest Management.
- Step 1 - Students need to visit the IIFM Bhopal website and apply online for the required course by filling out an application form.
- Step 2 - Final selection for MPhil is based on the admission test score followed by an interview.
- Step 3 - After paying the application fee of Rs. 1000 for the GEN/OBC/DA category and Rs. 500/- for SC/ST, the selected candidates need to pay the fee and get their documents verified.
Fee: The IIFM Bhopal M.Phil fee is Rs. 1 74,000. It is a one-year M.Phil program in Natural Resource Management that has 9 electives that are affiliated with Saurashtra University, Rajkot, Gujarat.
FPM Programme Admission Procedure at Indian Institute of Forest Management
Students with PGDFM from IIFM with a minimum of 3.0 CGPA and GC/CSIR/ICAR- NET qualified are not required to give entrance to take admission into Ph.D. Admission to FPM is a two-stage process:
Stage 1: Candidates with the following scores are called directly for presentation and personal interview:
- IIM CAT/GMAT
- ICAR NET
- FRI entrance test for PhD
- Candidates with MRM or PGDFM degrees from IIFM or PGDM IIM with a minimum OGPA of 3.00.
- All India and Allied Services officers, officers of equivalent rank of PSU, and officers in scale II of nationalized banks.
- Others have to appear in IIFM internal test.
Stage 2: Candidates selected in Stage 1 will appear for a personal interview and a presentation on any research topic of their choice. The final selection is based on Stage 1 and Stage 2 performance of the candidate.
IIFM Bhopal Certificate Course on Chartered Foresters
Indian Institute of Forest Management Bhopal offers a 4-month full-time certification course for professionals who have a good educational track and are already established Foresters. The admission process at IIFM Bhopal in Chartered Foresters is described below.
- Step 1 - Young professionals will be shortlisted based on an online application followed by a written exam and a Personal Interview.
- Step 2 - Corporate-sponsored candidates need a letter from the sponsoring company along with the receipt of total fees.
- Step 3 - For others, shortlisting is done based on their online application followed by an Interview round at IIFM Bhopal.
- Step 4 - The final selection of the student depends on the candidature of the applicant.
Admission Eligibility Criteria at IIFM Bhopal
Note the table below to get all the details regarding course-wise admission eligibility at Indian Institute of Forest Management.
Eligibility Criteria at IIFM Bhopal
Course Fee (in INR)
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with at least 50% aggregate
Final year students waiting for their degree results can also apply
Duration: 2 years
Admission Criteria: CAT or XAT Result along with WAT and PI
Intake: 120+30 seats (EWS)
Bachelor’s Degree, with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA from a recognized institute
Duration: 2 years
Admission Criteria: CAT or XAT score along with WAT and PI
Intake: 60 seats
1-year Post-Graduate Diploma or Degree in Engineering, Sciences, Management and associated Social Sciences or its equivalent with at least 55% aggregate
Duration: 1 year
Admission Criteria: WAT + PI+ UGC/ICAR-NET/CSIR can directly take the PI without WAT.
Intake: 20 seats
Bachelor’s with at least 50% aggregate and master’s or equivalent degree with First Class including a 5-year or 4-year Master’s (integrated program)
Duration: 4 years
Admission Criteria: CAT/GATE/GMAT/ICAR NET
Intake: 10 seats
Indian Institute of Forest Management: Reservation Policy
Candidates must complete the MBA admission criteria at IIFM Bhopal very carefully as no change will be permitted once the registration process is complete.
Scheduled Caste (SC)
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC)
Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)
Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD)
The categories of disability considered in the IIFM Bhopal admission process are as follows:
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Locomotor disability and acid attack victims
- Intellectual disability, specific learning disability, autism, mental illness, and multiple disabilities.
☛ Related Link:
Infrastructure and Facilities at IIFM Bhopal
The infrastructure and amenities at the Indian Institute of Forest Management Bhopal are well-equipped with state-of-the-art amenities:
- Computer Centre: IIFM is well-equipped with excellent computing resources and hardware and software resources capable of providing support for diverse computing requirements.
- Library: Multi-storeyed air-conditioned library with 312 films on forestry, conservation, environment, & management and a wide range of literature.
- Sports Facilities: A wide range of indoor and outdoor sporting facilities like Badminton, Carrom, Table Tennis, Football, Cricket Lawn Tennis, and Volleyball.
IIFM Bhopal Hostel Facilities
Indian Institute of Forest Management Bhopal Hostel complex has three hostels - Nilgiri, Vindhyachal, and Aravalli (for girls) with:
- Fully furnished 112 rooms on a twin-sharing basis.
- All the hostels at IIFM Bhopal are provided with solar or geyser facilities for hot and cold water facility round the year.
- The hostels have common rooms with a gym, TV and DTH Connection, indoor games, etc.
- The hostel rooms at IIFM Bhopal are well-connected with an internet facility through LAN.
- Doctors visit the Campus every alternate day.
- Sports Complex
- The hostel complex has three AC rooms for providing accommodation for parents at nominal charges.
- Students organize various activities like cultural, sports, and literary activities through various clubs under SAAC - Students Affairs and Alumni Council, whose officials are elected by the students themselves.
An elected student mess committee runs the Hostel Mess on a cooperative basis. The IIFM Bhopal provides basic and subsidized infrastructure and partial manpower. It can serve about 300 people at a time and is equipped with automated and semi-automated equipment and cooking systems.
Total Fee Structure
16.5 K - 50 K
16.5 K - 50 K
Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM): Faculty and Alumni
IIFM Bhopal is well known for its robust faculty and alumni network, Some prominent faculty members of this institute are
- Dr. Pankaj Srivastava - Director
- Prof. Advait Edgaonkar - Assistant Professor, Department of the Ecosystem and Environment Management
- Prof. Amitabh Pandey - Associate Professor, Department of Sociology and Community Development
- Prof. Anup Prakash Upadhyay - Assistant Professor, Department of Communication & Extension Management
- Prof. Asha Khanna - Lecturer, Department of Information Technology & Quantitative Techniques
- Prof. Ashish David - Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology and Community Development
- Prof. Ashutosh Verma - Associate Professor, Department of Financial Management
- Prof. Bal Krishna Upadhyay - Assistant Professor, Department of Human Resource Management
- Prof. Bhaskar Sinha - Assistant Professor, Department of the Ecosystem and Environment Management
- Prof. Chandra Prakash Kala - Assistant Professor, Department of the Ecosystem and Environment Management
- Jayashree Dubey - Assistant Professor, Department of Marketing Management
- Prof. Jigyasa Bisaria - Assistant Professor, Department of Information Technology & Quantitative Techniques
- Prof. Madhur raj Jain - Assistant Professor, Department of Financial Management
- Prof. Manmohan Yadav - Assistant Professor, Department of Marketing Management
Alumni Members of IIFM Bhopal
- Nikhil Kaushik - Assistant Professor at Institute of Management Studies (IMS) Ghaziabad - Business School, Ghaziabad
- Rajesh S Upadhyayula - Professor at Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, Kozhikode
- Prakash Kashwan - Associate Professor at University Of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, Storrs
- SACHIN UDEPURKAR - Advisor, Management Consultant, Trainer at Advisor to Organizations, Mumbai
- Rekha Singhal – PROFESSOR, Professor & Director at IIFM & GLA, Mathura
- Chitrangi Powale - Program Officer at IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative, Hyderabad
- Sandip Chowdhury - Project Officer at Oxfam India, Raipur
- Siddartha M - Project Manager at Mahila Abhivruddhi Society, Hyderabad
- Kadaladi Arasu - Project Officer at Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Bangalore
- Puspendu Mandal - Project Manager at Waste Warriors Corbett., Ramnagar
- Shashank Saurabh - Market Research Analyst at Enable Health Society (Piramal Sarvajal), Ahmedabad
- Vivek Kumar Mishra - Vice-President GIS/RS at IORA Ecological Solution Pvt. Ltd., Delhi
- Aishwarya Chandra Shekhar - Data Scientist at Currencies Direct, London
- Paritosh Singh - Senior Analyst at Micro-Credit Ratings International Limited, Gurgaon
- Charvi Sood - Program Analyst at Piramal Sarvajal, Ahmedabad
List of MBA Colleges in India (Top Cities):-