Full Form of IIFL
The full form of IIFL is India Infoline Finance Limited. It is the country’s largest diversified FinServ (financial service) company, and its headquarters is situated in Mumbai. It was founded in 1995 by the current chairman, Nirmal Jain, and is backed by several critical Canadian Investors, such as Prem Watsa, General Atlantic, and the CDC group. IIFL has the prestige of being ranked as one of the top financial conglomerates in India and is the single biggest independent Financial Service company in the nation in terms of market capitalization. R Venkatraman joined Nirmal Jain to help further the cause.
Apart from learning the full form of IIFL, you might be required to retain some quick additional facts about the bank.
Quick Facts of IIFL
- The Full form of IIFL is India Infoline Finance Limited.
- IIFL is led by Mr Nirmal Jain - the founder and chairman of the IIFL Holdings limited group. He is assisted by Mr R Venkataraman, group managing director and the co-promoter of IIFL.
- IIFL was founded on the 17th of October 1995 by Mr Nirmal Jain.
- In 2001, post the infamous dot-com bubble burst, IIFL decided to tie up with ICICI prudential and utilise its network to become the first Indian corporate entity acting as an insurance agent.
- IIFL Holdings is the parent company running the highly famous trading portal - 5paisa.
- IIFL is one of India’s largest financial services groups, with interests in Non-Banking and Housing Finance, Wealth Management, Financial product distribution, real estate, and institutional equity, among others.
- IIFL Holdings currently has a net worth of over ₹45 Billion. It has branches in several countries like Canada, The United States of Amerika, The United Kingdom, Singapore, Hong Kong, Switzerland, Mauritius, and the United Arab Emirates, apart from the Indian branches.
- IIFL Holdings have 2,500 branches across India, employs over 10,500 people, and manages ₹233 billion in loans, ₹1,250 billion in wealth assets.
- IIFL Holdings is known for its many accolades and recognitions received, including being recognised as the Best Private Banking Sector Overall in India and the Best Private Bank in India in 2017.
- IIFL is listed in both the National Stock Exchange and the Bombay Stock Exchange
- NSE - IIFL
- BSE - 532636
- IIFL is also listed in the Bloomberg index under the code IIFL IN.
We hope this information was useful to you. Like the full form of IIFL, you can learn from others our articles. This would be extremely beneficial for a banking exam.