If the Zeros of the Polynomial x²+px+q are Double in Value to the Zeros of 2x²-5x -3, Find the Value of p and q
Let's denote the zeros of the polynomial x² + px + q as α and β.
Given that the zeros of 2x² - 5x - 3 are double in value to the zeros of x² + px + q, we can express this relationship as follows:
α = 2α' β = 2β'
Here, α' and β' represent the zeros of 2x² - 5x - 3.
Now, let's find the zeros of 2x² - 5x - 3. We can either use factoring or the quadratic formula. Using factoring, we have:
2x² - 5x - 3 = (2x + 1)(x - 3)
Setting each factor equal to zero and solving for x, we find the zeros of 2x² - 5x - 3:
2x + 1 = 0
x = -1/2
x - 3 = 0
x = 3
Therefore, the zeros of 2x² - 5x - 3 are x = -1/2 and x = 3.
Since α and β are double the values of α' and β', we can express this relationship as:
α = 2(-1/2) = -1
β = 2(3) = 6
Thus, the value of p is the sum of the zeros: p = α + β = -1 + 6 = 5.
Similarly, the value of q is the product of the zeros: q = α * β = -1 * 6 = -6.
Therefore, the values of p and q are p = 5 and q = -6.
If the Zeros of the Polynomial x²+px+q are Double in Value to the Zeros of 2x²-5x -3, then the Value of p and q are 5 and -6
- If p and q are Zeroes of Polynomial f(x)=2x²-7x+3 Find the Value of p²+q²
- If the sum of Zeros of the Quadratic Poynomial p(x) = kx²+2x+3k is Equal to their Product Find the Value of k
- Find the Zeroes of the Polynomial x^2 + x/6 -2 and Verify the Relation between the Coefficient and Zeroes of the Polynomial
- If α and β are the Zeros of the Polynomial f(x)=x^2+x−2, Find the Value of (1/α−1/β)
- If the Squared Difference of the Zeros of Polynomial x^2+px+45 is 144 Then Find p
- Find the Zeroes of Quadratic Polynomial and Verify the Relationship Between the Zeroes and it's Coefficient: T2-15
- Find the Zeros of the Following Quadratic Polynomials x2-2x-8 And Verify the Relationship Between the Zeros and the Coefficients
- If One Zero of Polynomial 3x^2-8x+2k+1 in Seven Times other Find the Zero and the Value of the k
- P(x)=x2 + 2(√2)x - 6 Find the Zero of the Polynomial and Verify between Zero and Coefficients
- If α and β are the Zeros of the Quadratic Polynomial p(x) = 4x^2 − 5x − 1, Find the Value of α^2β + αβ^2
Commentswrite a comment