If ‘x’ is divisible by ‘y’ then ‘x’ is divisible by all prime factors of 'y'
The process of expressing a number as the product of its prime factors is known as prime factorization. The prime factorization of 24 is 2 × 2 × 2 × 3 wherein 2 and 3 are the prime factors of 24. Similarly the prime factorization of 980 is 2 × 2 × 5 × 7 × 7. So, the prime factors of 980 are 2, 5, and 7. Below are some key points related to the numbers:
- If a number can be divided by another number, it can also be divided by each of the other number's factors.
- Co-prime numbers are two numbers that only share the number 1 as a factor.
- The smallest prime number that is even is 2. Except for 2, all prime numbers are odd.
- A prime number is any number that has only two factors, namely 1, and the number itself. Composite numbers are those that have more than two factors. Neither prime nor composite, number one is not.
If a number 'x' is divisible by another number 'y', then 'x' is also divisible by all the prime factors of 'y'.
The statement “if a number 'x' is divisible by another number 'y', then 'x' is also divisible by all the prime factors of 'y'” is completely true. Prime factorization is the technique of representing a number as the product of its prime factors.
- The escape velocity from the Earth's surface is v. The escape velocity from the surface of another planet having a radius, four times that of Earth and same mass density is
- What Steps can be Taken to Control Soil Erosion in the Hilly Areas?
- A person cannot see beyond 2 m. If he has to read a signboard 4 m away, then the power of the lens required is
- How Many Terms of the AP : 9, 17, 25, . . . must be taken to Give a Sum of 636?
- Verify that -(-x) = x for (i) x = 11/15 (ii) x = -13/17
- Find Two Numbers whose Sum is 27 and Product is 182
- Find the HCF of 360 and 18144 by Prime Factorization
Commentswrite a comment