Error in He couldn't cope up with the hot climate of the place any longer
- Cope up is the incorrect part; it should read "cope."
- We are aware that the word "with" comes after the word "cope."
- Option 2 is, thus, the right answer.
- Always "cope with," never "cope up with," which is frequently misused.
- It's probable that the error in putting "up" was caused by a mix-up with "keep/put up with."
- A similar phrasal word is "put up with," which describes a challenging circumstance that a person is making an effort to manage or cope with.
As a result, the part that is underlined and contains a mistake is covered up.
Identify the underlined part which has an error. He couldn't cope up with the hot climate of the place any longer.
The underlined part which has an error is cope up. It should be "cope". The suitable word to use after the word 'cope' is 'with'. Hence the use of the word 'up' is not suitable in the given sentence.
Commentswrite a comment