The Information and Communication Technology study material range from the topic of abbreviation to application. Go through the notes and questions to be well prepared for the exam. Also, solve UGC NET Mock Test Series 2021 for regular revision and practice.
ICT Syllabus for UGC NET Exam
Topic covered as per the syllabus for UGC NET Exam Paper 1 :
- ICT: General abbreviations and terminology
- Basics of the Internet, Intranet, E-mail, Audio and Video-conferencing.
- Digital initiatives in higher education.
- ICT and Governance.
UGC NET ICT Notes
Below we have provided the topic wise notes of Information and communication technology for UGC NET Exam. These notes cover all topics that are asked in Paper-1. Here are the links for topic wise notes for UGC NET Exam Paper 1: ICT.
|ICT: General abbreviations and terminology||ICT: General abbreviations and terminology|
|ICT: Important terms||Important terms on ICT|
|ICT: Types of Computers||Types of Computer|
|ICT: Generations of Computers||Generations of Computers|
|ICT: New generations of Computers & Technologies Part I||New generations of Computers & Technologies Part I|
|ICT: New generations of Computers & Technologies Part II||The new generation of Computers & Technologies Part II|
|ICT: Input & Output Devices||Input & Output Devices|
|ICT: New Media||New Media|
|ICT: Network Topologies||Network Topologies|
|ICT: Internet and Intranet||Internet and Intranet|
|ICT: Internet-related Terms||Internet-related terms|
|ICT: Mobile Networks||Mobile Networks|
|ICT: Search engine and Web browser||Search Engine and Web Browser|
|ICT: Traditional Media||Traditional Media|
|ICT: Secondary Memory devices||Secondary Memory Devices|
|ICT: Memory devices||Memory Devices|
|ICT: Cyber Attacks||Cyber Attacks|
|ICT: ICT and E-Governance in India||ICT and E-Governance in India|
|ICT: Digital Initiatives in Higher Education||Digital Initiatives in Higher Education|
|ICT: Application of ICT in research||Application of ICT in Research|
|ICT: Information and Communication Technology Part I||Information and Communication Technology Part I|
|ICT: Information and Communication Technology Part II||Information and Communication Technology Part I|
How to prepare Information and communication technology for UGC NET?
- Analyse previous year Paper-1 from the perspective of ICT.
- Check out the sections which are asked regularly in the ICT part of Paper-1.
- Some of the sections that are asked regularly are Memory system, emails, basic terminology, Internet and Virus.
- You can always expect the questions from the above-given topics.
Information and Communication Technology Questions
1.Select the option that shows the storage devices in order of capacity from lowest to highestA. CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, Blu-ray
B. Blu-ray, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM
C. DVD-ROM, Blu-ray, CD-ROM
D. DVD-ROM, CD-ROM, Blu-ray
2. While sending an e-mail, to differentiate among To Cc: and Bcc: fields, which one of the following statements is true?A. Recipients in the To: field can see the email addresses that are in the Bcc: and Cc: fields
B. Recipients in the Cc: field can see the email addresses that are in the To: and Bcc: fields
C. Recipients in the Bcc: field can see the email addresses that are in the To: and Cc: fields
D. Only the recipients in the Cc: field can see the other email addresses in the Bcc: field
3. In the context of IT/ICT, which one of the following statements about spamming is true?A. Spamming is posting or e-mailing unsolicited advertising messages to a wide audience
B. Spamming is sending lines of nonsensical garbage in a chat conversation
C. Spamming is posting a message that contains a graphic description of something offensive
D. Spamming is an attempt to acquire sensitive information for malicious reasons, by masquerading as a trustworthy entity
BYJU'S Exam Prep provides you crisp and relevant notes with plenty of questions, mock tests and practical applications based questions. Hence, to score better, start your preparation now and crack UGC NET 2021.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.