The National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases or NICED (also known as ICMR-NICED) is an Indian medical institution that conducts research and develops strategies for the prevention, treatment and control related to enteric diseases to HIV / AIDS. NICED's head office is located in Kolkata, West Bengal. In 1968, the World Health Organization (WHO) granted the institute the status of "International Reference Center for the Typing of Vibrio Phage".
NICED is looking for eligible and talented candidates to fill the vacant seat under 1 project on a contractual basis. All the benefits regarding the salary and allowances will be given during the project period. It is a golden opportunity for the candidates to work with the ICMR affiliated centre and fulfil their research dream. Check the complete selection process and the eligibility criteria mentioned below:
ICMR-NICED JRF 2021 - Major Highlights
|Full Name||The National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases|
|Job Post||Junior Research Fellow|
|Number of Projects||1|
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Last Date for the Application|
ICMR-NICED JRF 2021 - Important Dates/Events
|Date of Interview||26.08.2021|
|Reporting Time for registration & screening:||26.08.2021 at 10:00 AM|
|Time of the interview:||26.08.2021 at 11:00 AM|
|Venue||ICMR-National Institute of Cholera & Enteric Diseases ((NICED II Building within ID & BG Hospital Campus) P-33, C.I.T. Road, Scheme – XM, Beliaghata, Kolkata – 700010)|
ICMR-NICED JRF 2021 - Qualification for Projects
Check the complete selection process along with the eligibility criteria for the post of JRF at NICED mentioned below:
“Cryo-electron tomographic study of Shigella infection cycle by a newly isolated lytic myoviridae phage: a developmental approach towards optimizing phage therapy” under Dr Moumita Dutta, Scientist ‘C’ and P.I. of the project.
No. of Vacancy: 01
Education Qualification: Саndidаtes must hаve 1st Сlаss M.Sс. in Biорhysiсs/Соmрutаtiоnаl Biоlоgy/Biосhemistry/Biоteсhnоlоgy оr аny relаted brаnсh оf Life Sсienсes frоm UGС-reсоgnized universities/ institutes with NET quаlified оr equivаlent.
- Hands-on experience in basic techniques of microbiology.
- Candidates should have a Working knowledge and a strong interest in programming languages for Linux.
- Candidates with a strong interest in cryoEM/structural biology will be preferred.
- Whenever required, candidates should be willing to travel to National cryoEM facilities.
Age Limit: The maximum age to apply for the JRF job should not be more than 28 Years.
Duration of Project: The project's duration is not specifically mentioned by ICMR-NICED, but it will be on a purely temporary basis.
Emoluments: Candidates will be given Rs. 31,000 /- + HRA per month during the period of the project.
ICMR-NICED JRF 2021 - How To Apply
- Applicants who meet the above eligibility criteria may submit an application in the prescribed format by the date of the interview by posting a recent passport-sized photo and attaching personal information indicating academic records, professional experience, as well as self-attested copies of certificates. walk-in-interview at the mentioned address.
- Bring the completed application with a set of photocopies of qualifications &experience and other important documents as well as the photographs mentioned above.
- The applicant must submit all original certificates/evidence for verification. Applicants who do not bring original certificates will not be considered for a walk-in-interview/written test.
ICMR-NICED JRF 2021 - Selection Process
- Candidates need to visit the official address for Walk-in-Interview.
- After reaching the venue, candidates need to register themselves with all the required documents.
- After registration, candidates will be called for the interview process at the same venue.
- On the basis of marks and the education qualification, the candidate will be awarded the seat for the JRF post at NICED.
ICMR-NICED JRF 2021 - Walk-In Address
Address - ICMR-National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases, (NICED II Building within ID & BG Hospital Campus) P-33, C.I.T. Road, Scheme - XM, Beliaghata, Kolkata - 700010
|Other Important Links|
To boost the preparation of all our users, we have come up with some free video (Live Class) series, free quizzes, previous papers.
Here are the links:
- Daily Free Video Series - Click Here
- Daily Free Quizzes - Click Here
- Attempt CSIR-NET Previous Papers - Click Here
More from us:
- Get Unlimited access to Structured Live Courses and Mock Tests- Online Classroom Program.
- Get Unlimited access to 80+ Mock Tests-BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series.
~ Keep Upvote this article and share it among your friends.
→ If you have any questions feel free to ask in the comments section below.
Join our Telegram Channel for more updates!
Stay Tuned for More Updates!
Best of Luck!!
Sahi Prep hai to Life Set Hai!!
Go BYJU'S Exam Prep