IBPS SO Prelims Exam Pattern for HR/Personnel Officer
Let's go through the complete exam pattern of the IBPS SO 2021. You should understand the IBPS SO Exam Pattern before preparing your strategy.
|S. No.||Name of test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Total Duration|
|1.||English Language||50||25||English||40 Minutes|
|2.||Reasoning Ability||50||50||English & Hindi||40 Minutes|
|3.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||English & Hindi||40 Minutes|
- The test paper is about 150 multiple-choice questions, i.e. Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language section, and these subjects are only qualifying in nature.
- Candidates need to score minimum cutoff marks in each section, which would be decided by the IBPS authority.
IBPS SO Mains Exam Pattern for HR/Personnel Officer
|Name of the Test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|Professional Knowledge||60||60||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
- After the main exam, successful candidates will be called for the interview phase which will consist of 100 marks.
- The final merit list will be obtained by combining both main marks and interview marks in the ratio of 80:20.
You can practice the most expected Mock tests in the BYJU'S Exam Prep IBPS SO test series.
Revision Strategy IBPS SO HR/Personnel Officer Prelims
As you all know Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and English are qualifying in nature, so you should attempt only minimum questions for qualifying here we are providing a few topics for qualifying subjects:
1. Reasoning Ability
- First, revise the concepts of basic chapters.
- Attempt mock tests and analyze the wrong ones.
- Practice puzzles and seating arrangements every day.
- This section is all about practice, practice and practice.
Some important topics are:
|Name of Topic|
|Order & Ranking|
|Puzzles and seating arrangement|
2. Quantitative Aptitude
- Practice number series, quadratic equation, approximation, and DI.
- Revise Concepts of basic chapters of arithmetic.
- Revise square roots, cube roots, and percentage-fraction conversion.
- Practice sectional and mock tests.
Some of the important chapters are:
- Simplification / Approximation
- Quadratic Equations
- Data Interpretation
- Number Series
- Work & Time
- Speed, Time & Distance
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio & Proportion (Problems on Partnership, Ages)
- Permutation & Combination
3. English Language
- Revise basic rules of grammar from any standard book.
- You have to segregate this section into grammar and vocabulary and revise separately.
- Revise vocabulary words.
- Practice mock tests every day.
- Read the newspaper regularly.
Some of the important chapters are given below:
To watch concept classes and chapter-wise sessions by exam-qualified experts, you can try our IBPS SO Online Coaching.
How to Prepare for IBPS SO HR/Personnel Officer Mains?
You need to understand the IBPS SO Syllabus for Professional knowledge subject you need to study in a planned way because it is the only countable subject for final selection so we are providing some important topics which you necessary important to study:
Human Resources Management
- Theories of Human Resources
- Basics of HR
- Performance Management System
- Human Resource Management-Systems Approach, Strategic Role of Information in HRM
- Recruitment & Selection
- Factories act, 1948
- The Workmen’s Compensation Act, 1923
- The Employees State Insurance Act, 1948
- The Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972
- Job evaluation (Pre-requites, principles, and process)
- Motivation (Theories, Importance, Factors impacting)
- Job analysis (Procedures, Methods, and techniques)
- 14 Principle of Management by Fayol
- Expectancy Theory by Vroom
- Hagberg Theory
- Behaviorally Anchored Rating Scales
- Hierarchy of Needs by Maslow
- Johari Window by Luft Ingham
- Two Factory theory by Herzberg
- Theory X Theory Y McGregor
- Unfreezing, Moving, Refreezing by Lewin
Expert Tips to Crack IBPS SO Exam
- First, you need to remember the basics of human resources. You need to solve the IBPS SO Previous year paper.
- Above given some topics are deeply analyzed topics all are rapidly asked in the previous year’s exams so pay your special attention to it.
- Try to solve all MCQs of the given topics and theory.
- For smart preparation, the best method will be to get all the previous question papers and do daily practice.
- Know the previous year's IBPS SO cut-off.
- Make a habit to learn one topic daily from the book. It will help you to solve MCQs.
- Make your habit to revise the topic you have done.
- It is very important to know your weak areas so that you can pay special attention to them.
- Give more time to the study of the Human Resource section because only a given section will help you to qualify Specialist Officer Paper.
- Maintain a plan for each day to practice topics. Try to devote at least four hours to study the HR section on a daily basis.
- Try to maintain class notes by creating summary notes. Spot the key terms and concepts and make sure that you understand them.
- As you all know, time management is an important factor in any competitive exam. Therefore, you do not have much time to solve all the questions. For doing fast, you have to test yourself on a daily basis by practicing Mock Tests and Assessments.
- Try to finish at least two sets of topics per day.
- At last, Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect, so put all your attention on your exam.
If you are aiming to crack IBPS SO 2021, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.