IBPS SO Prelims 2019 Agriculture Field Officer Exam!
The Preliminary round of IBPS SO will take place on 28th and 29th December 2019. The examination is not too far and hence now it’s time to give a final touch to your preparation and get ready for the exam. This article will help you to prepare well and will discuss on pattern of exam, preparation strategy and time management strategy. It is high time you start revision and start focusing on important topics. Here is a 10-day strategy to enhance & boost your performance.
Subjects / Topics
Number of Questions
IBPS SO Agriculture Field Officer - Syllabus for Professional Knowledge
The syllabus of IBPS AFO is same as exams like bank PO and clerk exam. To reach the next level of IBPS AFO exam, participants will have to qualify in each section of the exam. Here you can find complete details about Agriculture Field Officer for IBPS exam.
This section consists of basic knowledge of general topics such as Agriculture, seeds, soil, vegetables, animal husbandry, etc. It contains the basic questions and the participants require to focus on the same to score well in the exam. Check the topics given below:
- Agriculture current affairs
- Crop horticulture vegetables
- Spacing time of sowing seed rate
- Important Varieties of crops
- Herbicides & Pesticides
- Preservation of fruits and vegetables
- Types of cropping system
- Different Diseases
- Seed technology – Different government schemes
- Agriculture economics – Agriculture cost and schemes
- Various types of agricultural practices
- Soil resources
Types of facts (like humans contents CN ratio etc)
- Animal husbandry and technology
- Different varieties of animals
- Agriculture small industries like honey daily in the fisheries
- Various diseases and its causes
- Rural welfare activities in India
Different insurance schemes regarding agriculture
Woman and child development schemes
Preparation Strategy for IBPS SO
The focus has to be more on the Professional Knowledge section as their score determines the eligibility for qualifying for the next round. But having said that you should not ignore the other sections viz. Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, and English Language as it is essential to clear their sectional cut-offs.
10-Day Study Plan
Simplification / Approximation
Ratio & proportion
Inequality (Direct as well as coded)
Agriculture Current Affairs
Crop Horticulture Vegetables & Fruits
Para Jumbles (New as well as Old)
Quadratic Equation Problems on Ages
Seating Arrangement (Circular, Linear & Square)
Fill in the blanks
Kinds of Agriculture Practices
Profit and Loss
Simple & Compound Interest
Types of facts
Time, Work and Wages
Mixtures & Alligations
Pipes & Cisterns
Different Breeds to Animals
Types of Disease in animals and its causes
Agriculture small industries
Permutation & Combination
Order & Ranking
Rural Welfare Activities in India
Attempt Mock Test
Attempt Mock Test
- Make the study plan and follow diligently.
- Prepare for every section carefully as each section is important.
- Take down small notes from each topic which you think is important. It will help in last minute revision.
- Start a topic only after you have finished the one you are reading. Do not jump topics.
- Manage your time effectively.
- Check and solve previous year papers for IBPS AFO exam.
- If any topic is left, do not get disturbed or disheartened. Focus on what you have prepared and make it solid.
- Mock tests must be taken to gauge your level of preparation and test your strategies.
- Always be confident while answering the paper.
If you are preparing for other banking exams, you can get access to all 700+ Full-Length mock tests with BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series, Check Now!
All the Best!
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App!