Today is the second & final day of IBPS PO Prelims exam 2018. The first shift of today’s IBPS PO Prelims exam is over now. There were no major changes in this shift of the IBPS PO prelims exam. In this post, you can check the detailed exam analysis of the first shift of IBPS PO Prelims Exam.
We have covered the section-wise difficulty level, topic-wise question distribution and important highlights of the topics which were asked in different sections of this IBPS PO Exam Analysis.
IBPS PO Prelims Exam Analysis 2018
Highlights of the exam/Changes introduced in the exam:
- The sequence of the section- English, Reasoning, Quant
- Most Easy sections - English
- The pattern of this shift was changed to that of the previous slots.
- Reasoning: Coding decoding, Inequality was not asked in this shift
- Quantitative Aptitude: Quadratic equation and Quantity Based questions were not asked in this shift. It was very calculative.
- English Language: No cloze test & filleres were asked.
IBPS PO Prelims 2018: Difficulty Level
Given below is the section-wise difficulty level for the IBPS PO Prelims exam 2018.
|Easy - Moderate|
50 - 55 Questions
Reasoning Ability Exam Analysis of IBPS PO Prelims 2018
The overall level of the section: Moderate
Check here the topic wise question distribution of Reasoning Ability Section:
Details & Level of topics asked in Reasoning Ability:
- Puzzles and Seating Arrangement: 20 Questions
- Box Based: 10 boxes need to be arranged.
- Linear Arrangement: 2 rows having 5 persons each facing north and south respectively.
- Scheduling: It was tricky.
- Month Based: 8 Persons and January to August months need to be arranged.
2. Blood Relation: They were easy and requires quick understanding.
3. Syllogism: Questions were easily doable.
4. Miscellaneous Questions: Remaining questions in this section were asked from miscellaneous topics like alphabet test, etc.
5. Direction Sense: They were easy to do.
Quantitative Aptitude Exam Analysis of IBPS PO Prelims 2018
The overall level of the section: Moderate-Difficult
Go through the topic wise question distribution of Quantitative Aptitude Section:
Details & Level of topics asked in Quantitative Aptitude:
- Approximation: If you are well-versed with the concepts of BODMAS, attempting questions of this topic would be comparatively easy.
- Data Interpretation: 15 Questions were asked from the Table Graph and Caselete
- Table Graph: It was based on S.I, C.I and rate of interest
- Table Graph: 3 columns were there. In one, no. of questions attempted in the mock test was given, in two, no. of questions attempted in the actual test was given and in third, the percentage of incorrect questions in the actual test was given.
- Caselete: No. of employees in 1,2,3 and 4 showrooms were given.
3. Number Series: Missing number series was asked.
4. Arithmetic Questions: Questions under this segment were asked from different arithmetic problems like Partnerships, Problem on Ages, Profit & Loss, Time & Work, Time Speed & Distance, Mixtures, Simple & Compound Interest etc.
5. Data Sufficiency: There were questions from the topic Average, Train, Algebra, Profit & Loss, etc.
English Language Exam Analysis of IBPS PO Prelims 2018
The overall level of the section: Easy-Moderate
From the below chart, you can find the topic wise question distribution of English Language Section:
Details & Level of topics asked in the English Language::
- Reading Comprehension: The passage was based on Agriculture & Food Supply. 2 questions were asked from Synonyms and Antonyms.
- Para Jumble: 5 sentences need to be arranged. It was based on the stock market.
- Phrase Replacement: Questions were based on the new pattern.
- Match the column: Sentence A, B, and C need to be matched with sentence D, E, and F.
- Word replacement: In a sentence 4 words were bold. Students had to find which two words can be interchanged without changing the meaning of sentence.
- Error Detection: Students had to find the suitable option.
We will be posting memory based questions of all the subjects later.
Note: If you remember any question from the exam, feel free to share it in the comments section!
All the best for your exams,
Team BYJU'S Exam Prep!