Choosing the right bank in the preference order is essential as this will have long-term implications since you will have to work in the organization that you are allotted. Hence, correct bank preference in IBPS PO online application process will play a crucial role in determining this.
First, let us have a look at the organizations that are taking part in the IBPS PO 2022 recruitment drive.
IBPS PO Bank Preferences 2022: Participating Bank List
You can get complete knowledge of the banks participating in the recruitment process to be able to move ahead in the selection process. The list of 11 participating banks in the IBPS PO 2022 recruitment process is:
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- UCO Bank
- United Bank of India
How to Fill Bank Preference in IBPS PO 2022?
Many aspirants are in a state of confusion regarding how they should fill in the bank preference in the IBPS PO 2022 application form. Here are some important suggestions, that will help you make a well-organized preference list and eventually clear your confusion in this regard.
Before you fill out the form, first decide what is your job priority.
- If you are a lady aspirant and wish to go for a home posting, then try to give preference to the bank which has the maximum number of branches in your state.
- If you are North or South Indian and want to get posted in the vicinity of your home town then give preference to the banks which have headquarters near your state or have maximum branches in your state.
- Before making your final list keep in your mind that after final selection you have to serve the particular bank for a long time.
Area/ Location & Headquarters:
- The location and area of the bank's headquarters and branches are important elements to consider when filling out the bank preferences section of the IBPS PO 2022 Exam.
- If you wish to work in a specific location or region of the country, you must first determine where the banks' headquarters are located.
- It will give you an idea regarding your future postings.
To give you a clear idea about the Headquarters of the participating Banks we have listed the HQ in the following list:
|City||Banks with their headquarters|
|Mumbai||Bank of India, Central Bank of India, Union Bank of India|
|Delhi||Punjab National Bank, Punjab and Sind Bank|
|Chennai||Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank|
|Pune||Bank of Maharashtra|
|Vadodara||Bank of Baroda|
Practice IBPS PO 2022 Prelims and Mains Mock Test for FREE to get better scores - IBPS PO Mock Test
Information about the Participating Banks of IBPS PO 2022
To help you make a well-informed decision, we have shared some basic information about the participating banks OF IBPS PO 2022 below. Hope this helps!
|Sr. No.||Banks||Basic Information|
|1||Bank of India|
|3||Bank of Maharashtra|
|4||Punjab and Sind Bank|
|5||Punjab National Bank|
|7||Union Bank of India|
|9||Central Bank of India|
|10||Bank of Baroda|
|11||Indian Overseas Bank|
Location Preference & Transfer Policy:
- During the course of employment, different banks have varied policies for transferring funds from one place to another.
- Furthermore, certain banks may take your preferences for location into account, while others may require you to work in various locations across the country.
- To develop a preference list and figure out which bank is best for you, go over the transfer policies of the banks you're interested in.
Go with your personal choice:
- When it comes to choosing the bank preference in the IBPS PO 2022 exam, your personal preference is crucial.
- For example, if you prefer one bank over another, place that bank at the top of the list while putting the banks you want to avoid at the bottom.
- Most PSU banks (under IBPS) have a similar compensation structure and a similar advancement scheme. So, do some study to find your ideal bank and decide which one is best for you.
Note: During the initial years of posting, you will be posted at several locations for training. You will get a final posting only after you have completed your probation period.
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Important Links for IBPS RRB PO Prelims Exam 2022, 21 August
- IBPS RRB PO Exam Analysis 2022 Shift 1, 21 August
- IBPS RRB PO Exam Analysis 2022 Shift 2, 21 August
- IBPS RRB PO Exam Analysis 2022 Shift 3, 21 August
- IBPS RRB PO Exam Analysis 2022 Shift 4, 21 August
- IBPS RRB PO Prelims Cut Off 2022 Expected
- आईबीपीएस आरआरबी पीओ परीक्षा विश्लेषण 2022 [अगस्त] शिफ्ट 1, 2, 3 & 4
- IBPS RRB PO Memory Based Question Paper 2022 PDF
Click here to access Bank Test Series
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
Commentswrite a comment