So, without further ado, start with your IBPS Clerk Mains exam preparation and make each day before the exam count with this expert-designed IBPS Clerk Study Plan!
IBPS Clerk Mains Study Plan 2019
The preparation strategy for the Prelims and Mains exam are quite different. Keeping this in mind, we have devised the IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Study plan for you below.
IBPS Clerk Mains exam is not merely qualifying in nature. So, you need to ensure that you score sufficiently high marks in this exam to get the top banks of your preference list. You need to maximize your attempts in this phase of the exam while keeping your accuracy intact. The IBPS Clerk Mains study plan shared below will help you ensure the same.
For better exam preparation, we have divided these 30 days into 3 phases.
Note: We have not covered General Awareness section in these phases but have covered it at the end of this post.
Phase I: 1st Week Plan
A lot of new pattern based questions are asked in the Mains exam, which require a different approach to practice and understanding. So, devote this time to your concept clearance. Below is the study plan with the help of which you can cover the concepts of different topics in this week.
(a) Spend at least 1 hour to reading newspaper (Any editorial as well as Daily news). Look up the new words you come across and revise them regularly.
(b) Spend at least 20-25 minutes on the revision of tables, cubes, squares etc.
Grammar rules for Spotting Errors & Sentence Correction
Puzzles and Seating Arrangement
Miscellaneous Arithmetic Problems
Theme based questions
Coding-Decoding (New + Old Pattern)
Cloze Test (New + Old Pattern)
Syllogism (New + Old Pattern)
Para jumbles (New + Old Pattern)
Logical and Verbal Reasoning
Fillers, Sentence & Para Completion
Inequality, series, Blood Relations, Ranking, Direction etc.
Make sure that you revise the basics of these topics daily.
Phase II: 2nd Week Plan
This phase will be dedicated to gaining Speed and Accuracy in the individual topics once you have cleared their concepts.
- Start with our Daily Wordlist article followed by the Vocabulary Quiz in the morning, after you are done with your regular reading.
- Spend at least 1-1.5 hours on the revision of the topics which you studied in the last week.
- Spend at least 2 hours on the practice of each section. You can do so by attempting the section-wise quizzes as well as questions from our practice session.
- You can go through the links to practice online quizzes of different sections below
1. Mock tests for IBPS Clerk Mains Exam
2. English Language Quizzes
3. Quantitative Aptitude Quizzes
4. Reasoning Ability Quizzes
- Make sure that you go through the solutions of the questions which you attempt. This will help you understand multiple as well as shortcut approaches to solve the questions and in turn will help you figure out the less time-consuming methods to solve questions in the exam.
- Make sure use of timers while solving the individual sections. Here is the sectional time limit in the mains exam:
1. English Language: 35 minutes
2. Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude: 45 minutes
3. Quantitative Aptitude: 45 minutes
You can set your time frames while attempting individual sections for better practice and make efforts to maximise your attempts in these time frames.
Phase III: 3rd and 4th Week :
- These last 2 weeks should be specifically dedicated to the practice of online mock tests.
- Proper practice of the mock tests will help you get acquainted with the exam interface and also ease your exam anxiety.
- Try to attempt 1-2 mock tests per day. Spend at least 40 minutes on the analysis of your performance in these tests. It is crucial to identify your mistakes and eventually avoid them in the exam.
- Make sure that you also go through the solutions of the questions which you skipped in the tests as well, since this will help you figure out the methods to solve them.
- Have a look at the previous year’s cutoff of IBPS Clerk of your state and target to attempt at least 15-20 more questions than that number.
Study Plan for General Awareness
This section, if prepared thoroughly, can turn out to be the most scoring section for you in the exam. So, give your best in the preparation of the General Awareness section.
This section can be categorized into 3 major segments:
- Banking Awareness
- Current Affairs & GK Updates
- Static Awareness
We will publish a GK Tornado for the IBPS Clerk Mains exam soon, which will cover the most important current affairs of the last 5-6 months efficiently. Meanwhile, go through the links of each section shared above to prepare them properly.
Make sure that you devote at least 1-1.5 hours per day for the preparation of this section. Apart from revision, do not forget to attempt the Banking Awareness, Current Affairs as well as Static Awareness Quizzes daily, to make sure that you remember whatever you revise.