IBPS Clerk FAQs 2021: Recently Institute of Banking Personnel Selection(IBPS) has released IBPS Clerk 2021 Notification. It is, without a doubt, a significant opportunity for anyone interested in pursuing a career in banking. In this article, we'll answer some of the most frequently asked questions about the IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2021 notification.
This year, IBPS has released a total of 5800+ vacancies to fill Clerk positions in Indian Public Sector Banks, which is a decrease from the previous year's vacancies. Read the entire post to have all of your questions about IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2021 answered.
IBPS has now activated the apply online link for the interested candidates. Now candidates can apply for IBPS Clerk from 12th July to 1st August 2021.
IBPS Clerk 2021 Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the start date for online registrations of IBPS Clerk recruitment 2021?
The online registrations for IBPS Clerk Recruitment had started on 12th July 2021.
2. When will the online registrations of IBPS Clerk recruitment 2021 close?
The closing date is 1st August 2021 for the online registrations as well as fee payment for the posts under IBPS Clerk recruitment 2021.
3. In how many phases, IBPS Clerk recruitment 2021 is going to be conducted?
There are 2 phases in IBPS Clerk recruitment 2021, which are as follows :
1. Preliminary Exam
2. main Exam
3. The participating bank will also conduct a Language Proficiency Test to assess the candidate's understanding of regional languages. There is no interview round in IBPS Clerk recruitment 2021.
4.For how many vacancies IBPS has released notification this year?
IBPS has released this notification for a total of 5800+ vacancies. State-wise distribution of vacancies in IBPS Clerk recruitment 2021 is as follows:
The table given below illustrated the detailed list of state-wise IBPS Clerk 2021 vacancies.
Total Vacancies (as reported in official notification)
Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Dadra and Nagar Haveli/Daman & Diu
Jammu and Kashmir
5. What are the educational eligibility criteria to be eligible for Clerical posts under IBPS Clerk recruitment 2021?
- IBPS Clerk age limit for a candidate must be a minimum of 20 years and a maximum of 28 years old, as of 01 /09/2021.
- This basically means that any candidate born earlier than 02/09/1992 and later than 01/09/2000 does not pass the IBPS clerk eligibility criteria to appear for this exam, where both the above-mentioned dates are inclusive while calculating age.
For more information about the eligibility criteria of IBPS Clerk 2021, you can check here:
6. My university/college does not award marks/result in percentage, and it allows aggregate grade points such as CGPA/OGPA/CPI, etc. In this case, how should I calculate my marks in percentage value?
If your university or college does not give a class or a percentage of marks but instead awards Aggregate Grade Points in the form of CGPA/OGPA/CPI, etc., the CGPA/OGPA should be translated to a percentage and specified in the online application. The candidate will be required to show a certificate from the appropriate authorities declaring, among other things, that the University's standards for converting grades into percentages and the percentage of marks earned by the candidate in terms of those standards have been met.
7. How to calculate the Percentage?
Divide the total marks achieved in all subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by the aggregate maximum marks in all subjects, independent of honors / optional/additional optional subject if any, to arrive at the percentage marks. This will also apply to universities where the class/grade is determined only on the basis of honors marks. The fraction of percentage so calculated will be ignored, i.e. 59.99 percent will be treated as less than 60%, and 54.99 percent will be treated as less than 55%.
8. I am in the final year of my graduation, am I eligible to apply for this recruitment?
All educational qualifications must be from a university/institution/board recognized by the Indian government/approved by government regulatory bodies, and the final result must have been declared on or before August 1, 2021.
9. What is the Application fee for IBPS Clerk recruitment 2021?
The application fee for SC/ST/PWD/EXSM applicants is Rs. 175/-. The application fee for candidates from all other categories is Rs. 850/-.
10. How many times can I appear for this IBPS Clerk Exam?
In the IBPS Clerk Recruitment, there are no limitations on the number of attempts. A candidate (of any category) can take the Examination as many times as they want.
11. What is the structure of the Prelims Examination in IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2021?
The Prelims exam pattern has remained unchanged. Each of the three sections has a time limit of 20 minutes for each attempt.
This recruitment's Prelims exam is an online objective exam with a total score of 100 marks. The candidate will be given 60 minutes to complete all of the questions. The following three sections will make up the phase 1 online exam:
1) English 2) Reasoning Ability 3) Quantitative Aptitude
To be shortlisted for the mains exam IBPS Clerk recruitment 2021, candidates must achieve sectional cutoffs in each section as well as an overall cutoff in the Prelims phase.
Name of Test
Number Of questions
Medium of Test
English & Hindi
English & Hindi
12. What is the structure of the main Examination in IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2021 :
This year's IBPS Clerk main exam pattern remains the same. It follows the same pattern as the one released in 2020.
- The main exam has a total of 190 questions and a total time limit of 160 minutes.
- Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude, Quantitative Aptitude, General English, and General/ Financial Awareness are the four sections of the main exam for IBPS Clerk recruitment 2021. The following is the detailed exam pattern for IBPS Clerk main 2021. :
Name of test
Number of questions
Total Time Allotted (Sectional Time limit)
General/ Financial Awareness
English & Hindi
Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude
English & Hindi
English & Hindi
13. What are the criteria for negative marking in IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2021?
There is a 0.25-mark penalty for wrong answers marked by the candidate in both the prelims and main examinations for IBPS Clerk recruitment 2021. It indicates that for each incorrect answer marked by the applicant in the IBPS Clerk Prelims and Main Examination, 0.25 (one-fourth) of a mark would be deducted. There is no penalty, however, if the candidate leaves any question blank or does not mark any answer.
14. When will the result be declared?
The preliminary test results will be announced in September/October 2021. On April 1, 2022, the main exam result (Final Result) will be released.
15. What is the salary structure of the posts under this recruitment?
After the 11th bi-partite settlement in 2020, a clerk in a public sector bank now earns a gross salary of 310000-32000 after allowances. For more information about the salary structure, click here.
16. What are the things you can carry inside the IBPS Clerk examination centre?
Candidates taking the IBPS Clerk test 2021 will be allowed to bring only a few items inside the exam center. They are as follows:
- a mask (WEARING A MASK is COMPULSORY)
- Transparent water bottle for personal use
- Hand sanitizer for personal use (50 ml)
- A pen
- Exam-related documents (Call Letter/Admit Card, Original ID Card, Photocopy of ID Card, and so on)
17. Will NRA CET be conducting the IBPS Clerk Examination 2021?
No, the NRA CET will not be conducting the IBPS Clerk Examination in 2021. This year, IBPS is the only conducting agency.
Other Important Links-
|IBPS Clerk Notification 2021||IBPS Clerk Apply Online 2021|
|IBPS Clerk Vacancy State Wise||IBPS Clerk Salary|
|IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2021 PDF||IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern|
|IBPS Clerk Cut Off||IBPS Clerk Books|
|IBPS Clerk Mock Test||IBPS Clerk Online Coaching|
What will you get in this course?
- 200+ Interactive Live Classes for complete conceptual clarity
- 10000+ Practice Questions covering all levels of difficulty
- 35+ Full-Length Mock Tests & 150+ PDFs
- Full coverage of Quant, Reasoning, English, Hindi, Computer & GA
You wish to have unlimited access to all 20+ structured live courses and 500+ mock tests then subscribe to Gradeup Super. This will cover all important banking and insurance exams like IBPS PO, IBPS RRB, SBI PO, RBI Grade-B, etc.
Why Gradeup Green Card?
- One-stop solution for practicing 14+ Bank and Insurance Exam mock tests.
- Mock Tests designed by Exam Experts as per the Latest Pattern.
- AIR and In-depth Performance Analysis.
- Covers Shortcuts, Tricks & Tips to solve the questions.
- 40000+ Students have cleared competitive exams at various stages.
Best of luck for the exam.
Sahi prep hai toh life set hai.