Frequently Asked Questions for IBPS Clerk 2022
1. What is the start date for online registrations of IBPS Clerk recruitment 2022?
The online registrations for IBPS Clerk Recruitment started on 1st July 2022. The last date to apply online is 21st July 2022. Candidates need to follow all the required data and information ready with them before starting the registration process.
2. When will the online registrations of IBPS Clerk recruitment 2022 close?
The closing date is 21st July 2022 for the online registrations as well as fee payment for the posts under IBPS Clerk recruitment 2022.
3. In how many phases, IBPS Clerk recruitment 2022 is going to be conducted?
There are 2 phases in IBPS Clerk recruitment 2022, which are as follows :
1. Preliminary Exam
2. main Exam
The most important point to keep in mind is that there is no need for an interview process to select applicants. The result of the main exam is given 100 percent weight.
You should go through the IBPS Clerk selection process before starting your preparation.
4. For how many vacancies IBPS has released notification this year?
IBPS has released this notification for a total of 6035 vacancies. State-wise distribution of vacancies in IBPS Clerk recruitment 2022 is as follows:
|S. No.||Name of the State & UT||Vacancy Announced as on 30th June 2022|
|1||ANDAMAN & NICOBAR||4|
|8||DADRA & NAGAR HAVELI DAMAN & DIU||1|
|14||JAMMU & KASHMIR||35|
5. What are the age eligibility criteria to be eligible for Clerical posts under IBPS Clerk recruitment 2022?
- To fulfill the eligibility criteria, for IBPS Clerk Exam 2022, a candidate must be a minimum of 20 years and a maximum of 28 years old, as of 01/07/2022.
- This basically means that any candidate born earlier than 02/07/1994 and later than 01/07/2002 does not pass the IBPS clerk eligibility criteria to appear for this exam, where both the above-mentioned dates are inclusive while calculating age.
You may check the IBPS Clerk eligibility criteria before applying.
6. My university/college does not award marks/result in percentage, and it allows aggregate grade points such as CGPA/OGPA/CPI, etc. In this case, how should I calculate my marks in percentage value?
If your university or college does not give a class or a percentage of marks but instead awards Aggregate Grade Points in the form of CGPA/OGPA/CPI, etc., the CGPA/OGPA should be translated to a percentage and specified in the online application. The candidate will be required to show a certificate from the appropriate authorities declaring, among other things, that the University's standards for converting grades into percentages and the percentage of marks earned by the candidate in terms of those standards have been met.
7. How to calculate the Percentage?
Divide the total marks achieved in all subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by the aggregate maximum marks in all subjects, independent of honors / optional/additional optional subject if any, to arrive at the percentage marks. This will also apply to universities where the class/grade is determined only on the basis of honors marks. The fraction of the percentage so calculated will be ignored, i.e. 59.99 percent will be treated as less than 60%, and 54.99 percent will be treated as less than 55%.
8. I am in the final year of my graduation, am I eligible to apply for this recruitment?
All educational qualifications must be from a university/institution/board recognized by the Indian government/approved by government regulatory bodies, and the final result must have been declared on or before 21st July 2022.
9. What is the Application fee for IBPS Clerk recruitment 2022?
The application fee for SC/ST/PWD/EXSM applicants is Rs. 175/-. The application fee for candidates from all other categories is Rs. 850/-.
10. How many times can I appear for this IBPS Clerk Exam?
In the IBPS Clerk Recruitment, there are no limitations on the number of attempts. A candidate (of any category) can take the Examination as many times as they want.
11. What is the structure of the Prelims Examination in IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2022?
The Prelims exam pattern has remained unchanged. Each of the three sections has a time limit of 20 minutes for each attempt.
This recruitment's Prelims exam is an online objective exam with a total score of 100 marks. The candidate will be given 60 minutes to complete all of the questions. The following three sections will make up the phase 1 online exam:
1) English 2) Reasoning Ability 3) Quantitative Aptitude
To be shortlisted for the mains exam IBPS Clerk recruitment 2022, candidates must achieve sectional cutoffs in each section as well as an overall cutoff in the Prelims phase.
Name of Test
Number Of questions
Medium of Test
English & Hindi
English & Hindi
You should understand the IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern before preparing your strategy.
12. What is the structure of the main Examination in IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2022 :
This year's IBPS Clerk main exam pattern remains the same. It follows the same pattern as the one released in 2020.
- The main exam has a total of 190 questions and a total time limit of 160 minutes.
- Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude, Quantitative Aptitude, General English, and General/ Financial Awareness are the four sections of the main exam for IBPS Clerk recruitment 2022. The following is the detailed exam pattern for IBPS Clerk main 2022. :
Name of test
Number of questions
Total Time Allotted (Sectional Time limit)
General/ Financial Awareness
English & Hindi
Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude
English & Hindi
English & Hindi
13. What are the criteria for negative marking in IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2022?
There is a 0.25-mark penalty for wrong answers marked by the candidate in both the prelims and main examinations for IBPS Clerk recruitment 2022. It indicates that for each incorrect answer marked by the applicant in the IBPS Clerk Prelims and Main Examination, 0.25 (one-fourth) of a mark would be deducted. There is no penalty, however, if the candidate leaves any question blank or does not mark any answer.
14. When will the result be declared?
The preliminary test results will be announced in September 2022. On April 1, 2023, the main exam result (Final Result) will be released.
15. What is the salary structure of the posts under this recruitment?
After the 11th bi-partite settlement, a clerk in a public sector bank now earns an in-hand salary of 30000-32000.
16. What are the things you can carry inside the IBPS Clerk examination center?
Candidates taking the IBPS Clerk test 2022 will be allowed to bring only a few items inside the exam center. They are as follows:
- a mask (WEARING A MASK is COMPULSORY)
- Transparent water bottle for personal use
- Hand sanitizer for personal use (50 ml)
- A pen
- Exam-related documents (Call Letter/Admit Card, Original ID Card, Photocopy of ID Card, and so on)
17. Will NRA CET be conducting the IBPS Clerk Examination 2022?
No, the NRA CET will not be conducting the IBPS Clerk Examination in 2022. This year, IBPS is the only conducting agency.
If you are aiming to clear the IBPS RRB exam in 2022, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Click here to access Bank Test Series
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
Commentswrite a comment