IB ACIO Exam: Topic Wise Distribution of Marks in English
English section carries 20 marks in IB ACIO 2021 Exam. All the important topics are listed below. You should focus more on these topics to fetch maximum marks in your exam.
|Important Topics||Expected no. of Questions|
Synonyms & Antonyms
Reading Comprehension/ Cloze Test
Fill in the blanks
Idiom & Phrase
Active & Passive Voice
Note: These are the expected number of questions to be asked in IB ACIO 2021 Exam.
English Preparation Strategy: How to master each topic for IB ACIO 2021 Exam
Let's Discuss each topic in detail
- You can not learn Antonym/Synonym in a day or month. Most of the aspirants find this topic challenging as it demands strong Vocabulary
- Practice can make it simple for you. First, go through the previous year papers and then practice quizzes and mock tests on Gradeup
2. Spotting Error
- 2-3 questions are expected to be asked from this topic. Questions from this topic are mostly tricky so attempt only when you are 100% sure
- Go through the Rules of error spotting
- Try to practice more questions, gradeup has provided quizzes which contains almost all types of errors
- You can go through Plinth to Paramount book as this book contains compiled noted and practice sets
3. Reading Comprehension/Cloze Test
- Either of the RC/ Cloze Test will be asked in your IB ACIO Exam. This section is very scoring
- Try to score full marks in this section. This article of Reading Comprehension and Cloze Test will help to follow a good approach while solving RC & Cloze Test
4. Sentence Improvement
- 2-3 Questions are expected in your IB ACIO Exam. These questions are completely based on your grammar knowledge
- Go through the rules of Noun, Pronoun, Verb, Adverb, Adjective and prepositions
- Practice quizzes provided on Gradeup
5. Fill in the blanks
- This topic is also scoring. Read the whole sentence and try to fit in the words given in the options
- Practice some good questions from here to score well in this section
6. Spelling Error
- Spelling correction questions are sometimes confusing. Focus on vocabulary, this section will become easier for you
- Read Complete notes related to Spelling correction
- Practice quizzes which are given on Gradeup
7. Idiom & Phrase
- There are thousands of Idioms & Phrases and it is impossible to mug them up.
- We have listed the most important Idioms & Phrases in Alphabetical order. Go through them.
- Practice some quizzes here
8. One Word Substitution
- You can expect 2-3 questions from this topic in your exam
- Go through the most important one-word substitution
- Attempt the quizzes based on One Word Substitution
10. Active & Passive Voice
- You may get few questions from this topic.
- Go through the Rules of Active Passive
We have designed Mock Tests for you, which contains questions from all the four sections of IB ACIO Exam. Practice them to score well in your exam.
1. To become a master of English, Vocabulary plays a crucial role. Make it a habit of reading English Newspaper daily. Underline the words which are unknown to you and look for them in the dictionary. After some days you will easily be able to recognise most of the words.
2. Your basics of grammar should be clear. This will help you while solving Error Spotting and Sentence Correction Questions.
Commentswrite a comment