Formula of Percentage
We must divide the value by the entire value to find the percentage, and then multiply the resulting number by 100.
Percentage formula = (Value/Total value) × 100
How to find the percentage of a number?
We must apply a different formula, like the one shown below, to determine the percentage of a number.
P% of Number = X
where X = required percentage.
If the % symbol is removed, the formulas above must be expressed as;
P/100 x Number = X
Percentage increase and decrease
The original number is subtracted from the new number, divided by the original number, then multiplied by 100 to get the % increase.
% increase = [(New number – Original number)/Original number] x 100
increase in number = New number – original number
(i) Increase 180 by 25%. (ii) Decrease 140 by 18%.
(i) By increasing 180 by 25% we get 225 and (ii) By decreasing 140 by 18% we get 114.8
- Why Do You Fall in the Forward Direction When a Moving Bus Brakes to a Stop and Fall Back When It Accelerates From Rest
- What is the Formula of X2 Plus Y2
- 3x 5y 4 0 and 9x 2y 7 Solve It With the Elimination Method
- A Sample of Ammonium Phosphate Nh43 Po4 Contains 318 Moles of Hydrogen Atoms the Number of Moles of Oxygen Atoms in the Sample is
- Use Euclids Division Algorithm to Find the Hcf of 196 and 38220
- What Are Gulf Countries and Why Are They Called Gulf Countries
Commentswrite a comment