HPPSC AE Exam Analysis 2021: Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC) has conducted Assistant Engineer (Civil) in PWD Exam for Civil Engineering on 19th September 2021. The HPPSC AE exam was conducted in only one shift, on 19th September from 11 AM to 1 PM. In this article, we are covering the HPPSC AE exam analysis. The HPPSC AE paper-wise analysis for every subject will help you to understand and analyse the type of questions that were asked in the HPPSC AE 2021 exam and your performance accordingly. Moreover, you will also get to know the good attempts, difficulty level, memory-based questions, expected cut off and more.
Interested applicants can refer to this article to go through the complete analysis of the HPPSC AE Exam for 19th Sept. We have provided you with the analysis of the HPPSC AE Civil paper for both the Civil Engineering and General Knowledge of HP and National and International Affairs. Read on to gather more information!
- Check HPPSC AE Exam Analysis (Overall Review)
- HPPSC AE Cut off 2021
HPPSC AE Exam Analysis: Highlights for 19th September
The major highlights of the HPPSC AE exam are as follows:
- The General Knowledge section was from Moderate to Difficult.
- The Civil Engineering section was from the Moderate to Difficult side.
- General Knowledge questions were different from the usual. Static Questions were asked from other countries boundaries, rivers etc.
- Hydrology & Water Resources Engineering, Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering and Fluid Mechanics have the maximum weightage in the HPPSC AE 2021 Paper and no questions are asked from the topics like Estimation, Costing, and Specifications, Bridge Engineering, Environmental Studies, PSC Structures etc.
- Difficulty order of sections: General Knowledge of HP > National and International Affairs > Civil Engineering
- A good number of attempts can be considered as 85-90.
HPPSC AE Exam Analysis 19th September: Overall Exam Analysis
The overall exam analysis for the HPPSC AE 2021 exam is given below in the table.
|Easy to Moderate|
General Knowledge of HP
|6+||Moderate to Difficult|
National and International Affairs
|84+||Easy to Moderate|
HPPSC AE Paper Review for 19th Sept: Section Wise
The section-wise exam analysis for HPPSC AE 2021 for 19th September 2021 has been updated as per the HPPSC AE exam paper 2021.
HPPSC AE Exam Analysis 19 September: General Knowledge of HP
Name of the topic
Number of questions
History of Himachal Pradesh
|1||Moderate to Difficult|
|Geography of HP||3|
|Art & Culture of HP|
The cultural importance of Himachal Pradesh
Environment & Ecology of HP
The polity of Himachal Pradesh
Rivers & their tributaries
National Park/Wildlife sanctuaries
HPPSC AE Exam Analysis 19 September: National and International Affairs
|Name of the topic||Number of questions||Difficulty Level|
|Books & Novels||1|
|National Affairs (India)|
|Indian Education Policy||1|
HPPSC AE Exam Analysis 19 September: Civil Engineering
Name of the topic
Number of questions
|Hydrology & Water Resources Engineering||12||Overall Moderate to Difficult|
Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering
|Reinforced Concrete Structures||3|
|Civil Engineering Materials and Construction||4|
|Environmental Studies etc|
|Estimation, Costing, and Specifications|
Construction and Project Management
|Solid Mechanics, Structural Analysis||6|
HPPSC AE Exam Analysis for 12th Sept: Questions Asked
We have provided to your the HPPSC AE question paper below for 19th September 2021. You can download the HPPSC AE Civil exam paper here.
1. Civil Engineering
- What is the shape of the elementary profile of the gravity dam?
- The magnitude of camber in road pavement is governed by which of the following factors(s)?
- Compute the lag distance, as per the PlEVE theory, by assuming a design speed of 100 kmph and reaction time of 2.5 seconds?
- Which of the following speed is estimated as a safe speed limit from cumulative speed distribution data?
- The satellite images give information related to land use and land cover of the earth surface. Such data is processed for getting useful information using which of the following tools?
- The maximum permissible limit for fluoride in drinking water is?
- Which of the following soil has maximum plasticity index?
- Which type of rollers is suitable for the compaction of clayey soil?
- The most commonly used retarder in cement is?
- The effective thickness of a fillet weld is
- The carryover factor in a prismatic member whose far end is fixed
- A minimum grade of reinforced concrete for mild exposure condition as per Indian standard code of practices is
Candidates can download the HPPSC AE 19th Sept Paper whose link is given below to see all the questions that have been asked.
2. General Knowledge of HP
- Which of the following three towns of New Himachal are made the Tehsils of the district of Solan?
- Which of the following statement about the geography of Himachal Pradesh is correct?
- Which of the following statement is correct about the participation of women in voting in the Himachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly elections held in the year 2007-2012?
- which of the following pair of two districts show a decline in the child sex ratio of Himachal Pradesh in the Census 2011.
- Which of the following is correct about the Himachal Pradesh State Information Commission?
- Of the State revenue, how much was being spent on the payment of interest in the year 2020-21. According to the Economic Survey, 2020-21 of Himachal Pradesh?
- Find out from the following, who is not matched correctly with the place shown in front of his/her name.
- Which of the following pair of the districts of Himachal Pradesh have the lowest Scheduled Caste population between 1991 and 2001?
- Identify the place/places in Himachal Pradesh where the building of Panchayati Raj Training Institute is constructed.
- Which of the following is correct about the H.P. State's desire to construct the housing units for the people living below the poverty line, during the Ninth Five Year Plan (1997-2002)?
3. National and International Affairs
- Which of the following Indian State of North-east have borders with Myanmar and Bangladesh?
- Which of the following is correct about the Constituent Assembly, constituted to frame a Constitution of India?
- Which of the following is correct about India's National Education Policy- 2020?
- Which of the following language was added to the list of major recognized Indian languages by the Constitutional Amendment. 1967?
- Which of the following is not correct about the growth of the Indian Economy from 1947 onwards?
- The river Danube forms the boundary between the countries
- Which of the following is correct about the Second Summit held between Donald Trump, the President of the USA and Kim Jong Un, the North Korean Leader?
- The headquarters of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT) is established in:
- Which of the following country is not in the continent of North America?
- Which of the following is not the Novel of Salman Rushdie?
HPPSC AE Expected Cut Off
The HPPSC Asst. Engg. expected cut off 2021 is given below. you must note that the given cut off for HPPSC AE is expected and the actual cut off is likely to vary.
|Exam Name||Cut Off Marks|
|HPPSC AE 2021||80+|
Factors on which HPPSC AE Cut Off depends
The following factors play a great role in determining the cut off for HPPSC AE 2021:
- Total Number of candidates who have given the Exam
- Total number of vacancies as per the category of the candidate
- The difficulty level of the exam
- Previous year cut off marks
You can avail of BYJU’S Exam Prep Online classroom program for all AE & JE Exams:
You can avail of BYJU’S Exam Prep Test series specially designed for all AE & JE Exams:
Team BYJU’S Exam Prep
Download BYJU’S Exam Prep APP, for the best Exam Preparation, Free Mock tests, Live Classes.