Is it Possible to Prepare for CLAT from Class 10?
Well, the answer is yes; rather, preparing for CLAT from class 10 will give you extra time bound to complete the syllabus, which is actually needed to score well in the exam. The candidates who are preparing for CLAT from class 10 must note that it is not an assessment that examines their knowledge despite their mental presence competence, decision-making skills, and, of course, time management. Only a thorough knowledge of the examination is required, and if you follow proper time management skills, then you can easily prepare for CLAT from class 10. You simply need to do your CLAT Preparation with dedication so that you can complete your 10th syllabus along with this.
CLAT is a national-level Law Exam conducted by the Consortium of NLU for the candidates who aspire to take admission into the undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law programs offered by 22 National Law Universities around the country. If you are in class 10 and want to prepare for CLAT from class 10, the first and foremost thing is to know the exam pattern well. Note the table below to get an idea of this exam's sections and topic-wise weightage.
Number of questions
Current Affairs, including General Knowledge
[Important Note: CLAT has negative marking. You will get +1 for every correct answer, and -0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect marking by you on the exam paper.]
Section-Wise CLAT Preparation from Class 10?
The below section highlights how to complete section-wise preparation from class 10. There are five sections in CLAT, and all these sections are required to be prepared well to get a good score in CLAT Result. Note the section below to get section-wise tips to prepare for CLAT from class 10.
A total of 30 questions are asked in this section, in which you can expect 6 reading comprehension passages. This section evaluates reading and language skills, including grammar and vocabulary. You can easily surpass this section if you read newspapers, editorial sections, quality literature, novels, articles, and story books. Go through the details of CLAT Cut Off and understand the institute-wise details for the same.
A total of 40 questions are asked in this section. It is a strange section for each aspirant because this section is only related to the questions linked with legal terms and consequences. Solving 5-10 questions each alternate day while CLAT Preparation from Class 10 will help you to ace this section with better conceptual clarity.
You can expect a total of 30 questions in this section, which will test your critical reasoning aptitude skills. Questions are easy, but this section is a little time-consuming. For this reason, the candidates should be focused not only on getting the right answer but on getting it within the minimum possible time. Try to practice 5 questions every alternate day (approx 25 minutes) to help prepare this section from Class 10. Get an expert-recommended CLAT Books PDF list.
Current Affairs, including General Knowledge
This section consists of 35 questions, in which the ratio of static G.K to Current affairs is 15:20. Since a majority of questions in this section are asked from Current affairs. So, the candidates can secure a good score in this section if they keep themselves updated with daily happenings and updated information while CLAT Preparation from Class 10.
It should be noted that newspapers like 'The Indian Express and The Hindu' are the best source to prepare for this section. Daily 20 minutes investments in reading the newspaper and news articles will help you to get a whooping score in this section. Get all the details for CLAT Answer Key.
This section consists of 15 questions in total and tests the candidate's mathematical knowledge. The candidates should practice 10-15 questions daily and find the common topics in class 10 and CLAT Syllabus for this section. Stay updated with the CLAT Registration dates and process.
How to Manage Time for CLAT in Class 10?
Before you start your preparation, you should know how to manage time for CLAT Preparation in Class 10. Time management is very important for aspiring candidates who want to Prepare for CLAT from Class 10. Here, we have mentioned some tips that you can follow to manage time for CLAT in class 10. It is always recommended to start your preparation for CLAT as early as possible, as the CLAT Syllabus is huge.
You also need to solve previous year's question papers and CLAT Sample Paper to increase your accuracy and confidence. Do not panic, as you are preparing for CLAT along with your class 10 board exam. The main thing is to follow a smart plan, work hard and trim down the CLAT Important Topics along with the 10 board exam syllabus. Once done, move on to the other chapters and follow through with enough revisions to prepare for CLAT from class 10. Here, we have suggested a daily CLAT Study Plan, which you can follow if you are thinking of preparing for CLAT from Class 10.
Preferred Time Allotment
30 mins - 1.5 hours
1- 2 hours
1- 2 hours
30 mins - 1 hour
Passages and Grammar
1 - 1.5 hours
Practice CLAT Mock Test
How to Prepare for CLAT from Class 10?
Since you have enough time to prepare for the test, you are advised to keep it steady and consistent. Do not rush and follow the tips given below:
1. Write down the main points
- Go through the complete syllabus.
- Make a list of common questions in the test by referring to last year's questionnaires.
- Pay close attention to such topics.
- Review articles and practice questions related to such topics.
2. Build the basics
- Do not try to approach the questions first and learn the basics behind them.
- Try to grasp the essence of the topic.
3. Do not put new items on the table
- Do not try to read anything new in the review because it will not help anything rather, it may cause confusion.
- During the review, keep in mind the topics that you have already prepared.
☛ How to Prepare for CLAT at Home
4. Create a timetable and follow it closely
- Creating a personal study plan is a good way to prepare for this limited time.
- Make sure you follow the timetable without fail.
5. Books can be your saviour
- Trust books for guidance.
- Always look at the quality of the items and not the quantity.
6. Stay Updated
- Review all relevant topics daily.
- Give only the last two weeks for review.
7. Work in your weak areas
- Identify your weaknesses and have room for improvement.
- Try to clear up all your doubts related to the topic in advance so you have time to review.
☛ See Also: How to Prepare for CLAT without Coaching
8. General mock tests for success
- Based on fake tests, you can manage time successfully.
- You can analyze a smart score in a section and improve your level of preparation.
- Practice the CLAT Mock test, which is based on the latest paper pattern.
9. Last year's paper for guidance
- For a better understanding of the examination, see the CLAT Previous Year Question Papers.
- They will give you an idea of what to expect in the exam.
- There is plenty of time to prepare, and you should not panic. Maintain your composure, eat well, stay healthy, mentally and physically and remember to enjoy the stage rather than pressing on it.
Commentswrite a comment