Let us now check the exam pattern as well as the syllabus for the SSC CGL Tier-II exam.
No of Questions
Quantitative Aptitude (Paper I)
English Language and Comprehension (Paper-II)
There is a negative marking of 1/4th of the total marks assigned for each question in both subjects. Also, the level of Tier-II Examination is difficult in comparison to what you experienced in Tier I but it doesn't mean it is impossible to score in these two sections.
Score 170+ Score in English in SSC CGL Tier 2
For scoring 170+ in English first of all you must know about the important topics or the topics which have major weightage in the exam. So that you can start your preparing the topics which have maximum weightage. So to make it easy for you we have provided a table below which contains the topic-wise marks distribution of English section in previous years.
Topic-wise Distribution of English section of SSC CGL Tier - 1
English section can be majorly divided into 3 parts:
1. Reading Ability
Tips to Boost the Score in English Section
As we have divided the English section into major 3 parts, So let's discuss some strategies and tips to increase the score part-wise.
1. Reading Ability
- For questions like “Fill in the blank” use the elimination technique and after choosing your answer you must read the whole sentence to check if it is smoothly and correctly readable or not.
- For the Cloze test, you must practice 4-5 cloze tests daily and analyze them properly. While attempting the Cloze test you must read it beforehand and then start attempting the questions and also use the elimination technique and also check the logical relation between the cloze test and the option.
- For Reading Comprehensions, you can read the first 2 paragraphs and then go through all the questions and attempt those which are related to those paras. After that read further 2 paragraphs and then read the questions. This technique will help you to attempt the RC in less time and more accurately.
- Do not apply your own knowledge to the passage, answer according to the information provided in the RC only.
- Vocabulary takes less time to attempt the question but it takes a large part of our preparation journey. So to reduce the burden of this you must revise the words during your short breaks between the study schedule. It will help to memorise the words more efficiently.
- Take a note of all the Previous year questions in the vocabulary section and revise them on a regular basis.
- Try to get the context of Idiom and Phrases as it depends upon your vocabulary.
- First of all, write all the rules related to the grammar section at one point and revise it from time to time during your study schedule.
- While reading the “Spot the Error” you must check for the Subject-Verb Agreement first and then try to spot other errors if its Subject-Verb Agreement is correct then go for other errors.
|SSC CGL Eligibility||SSC CGL Salary|
|SSC CGL Selection Process||SSC CGL Job Profile|
|SSC CGL Cut off||SSC CGL Question Paper|
|SSC CGL Vacancy||SSC CGL Syllabus|
All The Best !!!
DREAM, STRIVE & SUCCEED With US!
Highlights of the New Revolutionising Course
- Launching a completely new study plan for 10+ months.
- Based on Practicing the concept regularly.
- Notes and dedicated doubt solving sessions.
- We will have a dedicated Practice day and Homework.
- Dedicated days for Study Holidays.
- Sectional, Mock and Surprise Tests.
- Concept building recorded videos.
- Dedicated lengthy individual courses for tough topics.
3 Crore+ Registered Aspirants | 2.5 Crore Downloads | 50,000+ Selections