The level of competition that one sees in the competitive examinations is just quite high nowadays. There are so many aspirants for a handful of jobs that it takes the level of engagement to an entirely greater level. Of the multiple competitive job-based examinations, IBPS Clerk holds a definite distinction in terms of both participation as well as the laurels, if successful.
Thus, it is advised to focus thoroughly on the strategies planned to score 80+ marks in IBPS Clerk Prelims 2021 smart to crack the examination in a single attempt.
Strategy to Score 80+ Marks in IBPS Clerk Prelims 2021
- The first and foremost aim should be to cover as much course as possible; the bigger chunk of the syllabus on your tips, the better it is. This might look like a completely conventional approach with less innovation, but this is undoubtedly the most successful way.
- Make sure to be updated about the IBPS Clerk exam pattern, IBPS Clerk selection process, and the questions in all the topics that are part of the syllabus. Having knowledge about the different types of questions will ensure that you don’t get bummed while seeing them the first time in the examination hall.
- Keep in touch with all the papers that are being conducted by IBPS. This is a smart trick as this will give you an idea about the way exams are being conducted by the examination board in the contemporary phase.
- Make sure to give attention to all the questions. It’s only logical to see that no section consists of individual 60 marks and therefore, you will have to create a cumulative skill that could help you in passing through the various sections.
- Follow a proper IBPS Clerk study plan made by the experts.
- Do objective study instead of subjective study. This means that you should try to learn the topics that are solely part of the examinations; there is no need to waste your time in getting too deep into the topics that do not have much weightage in the examination.
- Once you have made sure that most of the course is covered, start taking mocks. Take as many mocks as possible; this would help you in marking the weak areas so that you can work on it. Try to take mocks that have an interface almost similar to the examination interface. This helps in getting used to the examination pattern.
You can practice the most expected questions for the upcoming IBPS clerk Prelims exam with the IBPS Clerk Test Series designed by the experts of BYJU'S Exam Prep.
English Language Strategy for IBPS Clerk:
If you really wish to crack the IBPS Clerk exam this time, we would advise you to thoroughly practice the following topics that come under the IBPS Clerk syllabus-
- This topic is usually time-consuming in the entire IBPS Clerk exam.
- In order to save time, first, try to go through the question and then through the passage. It will help you mark out the answer easily.
- As far as the Synonyms/Antonyms questions are concerned, go through the sentence containing the concerned word first and then through the options provided.
- Try to attempt the Vocabulary questions (Synonyms/Antonyms) first, if asked
- To get the answer correct in the IBPS Clerk exam, read the sentence first and then try to find the correct option by substituting the given options in the sentence. You should be able to eliminate incorrect options with the help of this approach.
- If you feel stuck at some question during the IBPS Clerk exam, then move on to the next one. Try and answer it and then go back to the previous question since all the sentences are logically connected.
Spotting Errors/Sentence Improvement:
- During the IBPS exam, go through the entire sentence first.
- Lookup for grammatical errors, in case the structure of the sentence seems fine to you.
- Try to eliminate the options by going through the sentence properly.
- First, go through all the lines and try to understand the gist of the passage.
- Try to look up the independent sentence which mostly forms the first sentence.
- Find out the connecting sentences and try to arrange them accordingly.
To watch concept classes and chapter-wise sessions by exam-qualified experts, you can try BYJU'S Exam Prep IBPS Clerk Online Coaching.
Reasoning Ability Strategy for IBPS Clerk
Practice thoroughly the following topics, in order to crack the IBPS Clerk exam. Make sure you are following the standard IBPS Clerk books:
2. Seating Arrangement (especially Circular Arrangement)
4. Miscellaneous Topics including Blood Relations and Direction based questions.
Keep following things in mind while you attempt various topics during the IBPS Clerk exam-
- If a similar sign is present between the variables, the relationship can be established between them. For instance, A > B > C ≥ D ≥ E, here relationship can be determined for all the given variables.
- However, make sure that a similar sign does not break while drawing an answer from the conclusions provided. Take the above example, A > B > C ≥ D ≥ E, Here A > D or A > E would be correct but A ≥ D or A ≥ E would be wrong because the sign > breaks the continuity and is replaced by ≥ in the given statement.
- Whenever the signs between the variables change for a given statement, the relationship cannot be established unless a case of either/or is given in the conclusion.
- Look up the signs present among the various variables (in the same direction or different) and then establish the relationship between the non - connected variables.
- Try to identify the pattern among the different alphabets of the word provided.
- If possible, try to write down the sequence from A to Z on the rough sheet, this will help you look up the pattern easily.
- In the case of coded sentences, look up the common words among various sentences, this will help you spot the codes easily.
- Do not be intimidated by the size or the language of the question.
- Read the entire question carefully. Every detail required to form the arrangement is mentioned in the question, you just need to observe properly and implement all the facts logically.
- Remember, even when combined with puzzles, the approach of the question will still remain the same as that of a normal seating arrangement.
- Consider all the possible scenarios which may be formed as per the given question. A lot of the possibilities will cancel out as you move forward with the question.
Numerical Ability Strategy for IBPS Clerk:
The majority of the questions asked in this topic are based on the following -
If the basis of these topics is clear, attempting DI in the exam becomes comparatively easy.
- Identifying patterns solely depends on how quickly you can categorize the series. This needs practice and after a while solving a series of questions becomes instinctive. Try to identify how the series grows, this should help you categorize your series.
- If you fail to categorize a series into some category consider finding the special series in them. We have mentioned Prime and Fibonacci numbers. There can be other types of numbers like Armstrong numbers etc.
- Do not give much time to series, if you are not able to establish a relationship between terms in a minute, it’s better to leave the question as a new kind of series can consume a lot of time that can be used elsewhere.
- Whenever an expression with multiple arithmetic operations is given, follow the BODMAS principle for calculating the final result.
- Rather than calculating the exact value in terms of decimals, calculate the approximate values and then perform the operations.
The rest of the questions in the Numerical ability section were from Miscellaneous topics, including Age-based problems, Mixture Allegation, Partnership, Profit Loss, Average, Boats & Stream, Compound/Simple Interest, Time & Work, etc.
Expert Tips to Crack IBPS Clerk Prelims
Now, when all your preparations have finished and you are on the final day of the examination, then it is important for you to follow some points so that you can make the best out of your efforts. Here are some of the golden rules of engagement in the IBPS Clerk Prelims 2021.
- Never ever waste too much time on a single question. Always skip the long questions to attempt them in your spare time after you have finished the major of the paper.
- Attempt the questions which you have prepared the best. This would boost your scores undoubtedly as you’ll have more time to work on other questions.
- Make sure to clear the sectional cutoffs by at least 5 marks in excess before attempting to boost the scores. This would give you a clearer head and you’ll end up approaching the left paper with a positive sense. Make sure you are well aware of the IBPS Clerk's previous year cut-off.
- Be smart! Attempt the vocabulary-based questions of comprehensions before the subjective ones to save time and gain better marks.
- Try to get as many questions solved with shortcuts and tricks as possible. This would give you an absolute edge over the other aspirants.
- Go through the IBPS Clerk's previous year question paper.
- There is never a good time to be rash. Don’t ever start doing random guesswork in the examinations. You’ll just end up ruing up your scores if you do that.
- Don’t make any question a matter of pride. Solve it, if possible, leave it otherwise; no hard feelings. If you end up hassling with one single question then it is very likely you’ll just waste your precious time, even if you are able to solve it.
The changing approach of paper-making is trying to concentrate more on smart work instead of plain knowledge and therefore it is safe to say that the aspirants who are ready to make changes in the strategies and adopt newer forms of approach are very likely to succeed in the paper.
If you are aiming to crack IBPS Clerk Prelims, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Unlimited access to 18+ Bank and Insurance Exam mock tests
- Mock Tests designed by Exam Experts.
- Detailed Performance Analysis.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.