The level of opportunities in this field is very high because of the government’s approach to improving the level of financial inclusion. The candidates will be given the responsibility to increase the reach of banking services even to the most underdeveloped corners of the nation.
IBPS RRB PO exam 2022 will take place in three phases. The first stage is a highly competitive one as it is at this stage that most of the aspirant filtration takes place. This prelim phase is somewhat different from the general officer grade examinations in the banking sector as it does not entail an English section; this section comes up in the later phase of the IBPS Officer Scale-I recruitment 2022.
Tips to score 70+ Marks in IBPS RRB PO Exam 2022
Let's have a look at the pattern of the preliminary exam of IBPS RRB PO exam before we move to the strategy section.
- The preliminary stage has two sections one is reasoning ability and the other is quantitative aptitude.
- Each section comprises 40 questions. The total paper duration is 45 minutes.
- The IBPS RRB exam syllabus of both sections is the same as that of the other probationary officer examinations.
IBPS RRB Prelims cutoff is expected to be high owing to the increase in competition for the job profile and therefore it is very necessary for the aspirants to score as many marks as possible to beat the competition. A general threshold limit for a good score is 70 marks. So students must target this score.
Strategy to Score Well in the IBPS RRB PO Exam Reasoning Ability Section
Here we are going to provide some of the tips for scoring well in the reasoning portion of the paper in the IBPS RRB Officer Scale-1 exam 2022.
- It is important to make your entry to the exam hall with a pre-decided strategy to attempt a definite number of questions correctly. In the reasoning section, you should attempt at least 30 to 35 out of the 40 questions
- Some important topics like blood relation, directions, syllogisms, inequality, etc are worth more time in the sense that they can be solved perfectly with great accuracy. The aspirants are advised to make sure that they solve these questions in the paper to improve their scores.
- The puzzle section is the most tricky/difficult section as it tends to take more time, once you get stuck. So, the aspirants should go for the puzzles only after solving all the possible arithmetic questions. In this way, they have to provide a small amount of time time to the puzzles without having to constantly worry about the clock ticking
- Some candidates have practiced the puzzles very well during the practice sessions. Those students are advised to go for the puzzles in the first place itself to get a morale boost. If you can attempt the majority of puzzle questions with 100% accuracy then there is a higher chance that you’ll have an edge over the other candidates
- The reasoning section has a higher probability to waste a lot of the aspirant’s time in the exam hall as if one starts to approach the problem wrongly then there is very little that can be done to avoid time waste. So, it is advised to opt for questions that seem easy. If you feel that a question can be approached and solved but requires more time, then mark it for review later; please don’t get stuck into it
Strategy to Score Well in the IBPS RRB PO Exam Quantitative Aptitude Section
The paper also has also a Quantitative aptitude section which has 40 questions and this section needs to be handled with great care in order to get a good score. Here are some of the tricks that can come in handy while solving the Quantitative Aptitude section in the preliminary paper.
- The minimum number of questions that a student should attempt in this paper is 30 to 35 with 100% accuracy. Hence, while practicing the IBPS RRB Mock tests, you must try to attempt at least 35 questions to score better
- The paper includes questions from some of the sections like simplification and approximation & quadratic equations that are comparatively easier to solve with 100% accuracy. The aspirants should first clear the concepts of these chapters to have greater confidence in preparation.
- The questions from the data interpretation and arithmetic sections can have a deciding role. It will be a deal maker or a breaker based upon how well you solve them. These questions seem to take a great amount of time, but if you solve them conceptually then there is hardly any chance that you’ll miss out on it. Composure is the key here!
- The aspirants should be aware of the questions that might seem simple in approach but require a lot of calculations and subsequently time. This is quite vital as choosing the wrong questions will not allow you to solve the easy questions because of the time constraint
- Use the options to lessen the calculation part. Approximate the calculations and see if only one option satisfies the approximation. If so, then go for it. For closely placed options, solve the complete question to get the result.
So in this article, we have discussed everything about how to prepare and tackle the reasoning ability section for the upcoming IBPS RRB Officer scale 1 exam 2022. To help you analyze your performance and to make you exam-ready with an actual exam-like experience, we have launched a new course for your IBPS RRB 2022 exam preparation. Check the details of the course and take a free trial now.
If you are aiming to clear the IBPS RRB exam in 2022, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.