In this article, we are sharing some important topics and tricks for the Reasoning Ability section. We will advise all of you to go through this article and boost your score with BYJU'S Exam Prep!
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern
Before indulging yourself in the preparation tips of the RBI Assistant mains Reasoning section, just examine the RBI Assistant exam pattern. However, in this article, you will be getting the topic-wise tips for RBI Assistant reasoning section. As mentioned, 40 questions would be asked in this section with a total of 40 marks.
Name of Subject
No. of Questions
Composite Time of 2 hours
How to Attempt Reasoning Ability in RBI Assistant Mains?
Aspirants should design a study strategy to complete the syllabus on time now that they are aware of the crucial topics. Aspirants should set several days in their study schedule to perform as many mock examinations as possible.
- To practice the questions, start with the individual themes and then go on to the reasoning section as a whole.
- Candidates must work on fundamental principles and clear any questions they may have about the topics.
- The reasoning component assesses reasoning intelligence and logical approach, both of which are necessary for improving problem-solving abilities.
- As a result, applicants must focus more on their logical abilities. This is simply accomplished through the use of practice questions and quizzes.
- Recognizing your errors and making sincere efforts to improve is the most effective method to approach any issue.
- Determine your weak areas and devote the majority of your preparation time to transforming them into strong ones.
Topic-wise Preparation Tips for RBI Assistant Mains Reasoning Ability
This section will be carrying the important topics for RBI Assistant mains reasoning ability for mains exam. Meanwhile, the aspirants can see that the distinction in the difficulty level in each stage will be significantly different. Importantly, the prelims exam was more about the focus on preserving speed while retaining accuracy.
On the other hand, the RBI Assistant mains exam focus will be on applying concepts. The best way to ace this section is to practice for both stages at the same time. Because the moment you apply for the bank exam, you decide to crack it in the very same attempt. So, why wait for the prelims and mains exam dates.
Questions in the Reasoning Ability section may be asked from the following topics -
Seating Arrangement & Puzzles -
- 2-3 sets (10-15 questions) may be asked in the exam on these topics.
- An upside of these questions is that they are usually asked in a set of 5 questions. If you get the initial arrangement right, you can easily score good marks on this topic.
- Do not be scared of the length or language of the question. All the information required to solve the question is provided in the question itself.
- All you need to do is observe logically and then substitute the given information in the arrangement.
- Make sure that you consider all possible scenarios while attempting these questions.
- 5 questions were asked on this topic last year.
- The most appropriate and easy way to attempt Syllogism questions is by the Venn Diagram App Question roach.
- To solve such questions, draw the Venn diagram for statements given in options. Then take up the conclusion and identify which set of statements renders the given conclusions true.
- You can attempt the quiz of Syllogism based on a new pattern from the given link at the end.
- 5 questions were asked on this topic as well.
- The questions may be asked in the form of coded or direct inequality.
- In case coded inequality is asked, try to write down the inequality sign for given codes/symbols first. After that attempt the question, i.e. directly substitute the symbol with the inequality sign and answer accordingly.
- This approach saves time in case of coded inequalities.
- Make sure that you understand inequality signs properly and have a clear idea of what cases will follow for a given sign.
Data Sufficiency -
- 4-5 questions may be asked on this topic as well.
- While solving Data Sufficiency questions, the first and foremost thing to do is to go through the complete question properly first. You’ll be able to make out what data is required to arrive at the answer to the question and then proceed to the statements that have been provided.
- Remember, you don’t have to solve the question completely.
- Analyze each statement separately first.
- If both the statements aren’t providing sufficient information to answer the question, then take the details provided in both the statements and check if the information together is sufficient to answer the question.
- Use the process of elimination of options to narrow down the possible answers. For instance, if data in statement 1 is sufficient to answer the question, you only need to check for the second statement. Combining the information of the two statements and checking if it would be sufficient to answer the question won’t be required here.
Verbal Reasoning -
- You may encounter questions from the following topics in this category- Statement and Argument / Assumption / Conclusion / Course of action/Cause and Effect/
Deriving Conclusions from the passage.
- While attempting the questions, go through the statement properly first and try to understand what exactly it suggests. Go through the assumptions then and try to analyze if these can be assumed based on the information in the statement. Do not make your Assumptions.
- To understand how to solve these questions in a better way, you can go through the link below -
- Questions from this topic again are asked in a set of 5 questions.
- Many times students find Input-Output topics time-consuming, but if practiced well, you can easily attempt this topic and score good marks.
- Identify the type of pattern that is being followed in different steps. Make sure that you observe the pattern from both ends of the input.
- You may come across a few questions on this topic as well.
- Normal sentence coding was modified. Instead of providing codes of the entire word, codes based on a single letter of a word, no. of letters present in that word, and the first letter of that word were combined to form a new code.
- You can go through the link below to attempt a quiz based on the new pattern of coding-decoding -
These were some of the most important topics that you must prepare well to score well in the exam. Apart from these topics, below given are some other important topics that you must prepare as well.
Besides these, you may come across questions based on the following topics as well -
|RBI Assistant Salary||RBI Assistant Cut Off|
|RBI Assistant Scorecard||RBI Assistant Result|
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.