Important Topics for IBPS PO Quant 2022
We hope that you are familiar with the IBPS PO syllabus and pattern along with the IBPS PO question paper. So, let us first have a look at the important topics of the IBPS PO quant section that are asked frequently:
- Simplification / Approximation
- Quadratic Equations
- Data Interpretation
- Number Series
- Work & Time
- Speed, Time & Distance
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio & Proportion (Problems in Partnership, Ages)
- Permutation & Combination
- Percentage & Averages
- Mixture & Allegations
- Data Sufficiency
- Quantity Based Questions
Topics-wise Weightage of IBPS PO Quant Section 2022
Let's discuss the topic-wise breakup of the quantitative aptitude section for IBPS PO 2022. The expected number of questions from various topics are:
- Number series - 5 questions
- Simplification/ Approximation - 5 questions
- Quadratic Equations - 5 questions
- Data Interpretation - 10 Questions
- Miscellaneous Questions - 10 questions
- Quantity-Based Questions - 5 Questions
- Data Sufficiency Questions - 5 Questions
Best Tips to Prepare Quantitative Aptitude for IBPS PO 2022
Before discussing the chapter-wise strategy, you may once go through the IBPS PO selection process and IBPS PO exam pattern. Now let’s go through the approach you should follow while attempting these topics in your IBPS PO exam -
1. Number Series
Questions on number series give you a series of numbers that are all connected. Once you have identified this pattern, solving the question becomes very simple. You may encounter series based on the following -
- Prime Numbers
- Square/Cube Series
- Difference based Series
- Alternate term series
- Multiplication or Division Series
- Series involving the combination of arithmetic functions
This topic is comparatively less time to consume and at the same time score. You just need to carefully observe the pattern. You can go through the link below to find out details of the number series.
2. Simplification/ Approximation
Simplification means finding a final answer for a complex calculation. Simplification questions are asked to check the ability of a student to deal with numbers. Whenever an expression with multiple arithmetic operations is given, follow the BODMAS principle for calculating the final result. Rather than calculating the exact value in terms of decimals, calculate the approximate values and then perform the operations.
3. Quadratic Equations
It is simply a polynomial equation of power two. It is of the form ax2 + bx + c = 0. You’ll be given two equations of two different variables and you’ll need to establish a relationship between the two. Keep in mind the following formula to evaluate the value of the variable in case factorization does not work -
4. Data Interpretation
This is a very important topic in the Quantitative Aptitude Section. Nearly all the Banking Exam DI questions are based upon two chapters of Arithmetic. These are -
- Percentage and Averages
Hence, have a thorough practice of these topics to score well in DI questions since it is a high-scoring topic ( It constitutes almost 30% of the Quantitative Aptitude Section). You may come across the following types of Data Interpretation questions -
- Pie Charts
- Line Charts
- Bar Graphs
- Tabular Charts
- Mixed Graphs
You can properly practice these questions from the important IBPS PO books for a better result and for increasing your chances of final selection.
5. Miscellaneous Questions
This topic consists of questions from the following -
- Profit and loss
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Work
- Time, Speed, and Distance
- Boats and Streams
- Mixtures and Allegations
You may check the IBPS PO cutoff and IBPS PO exam analysis for a better understanding of the exam difficulty level and accordingly prepare your plan.
You can check IBPS PO 2022 quantitative Aptitude study materials here:
6. Data Sufficiency Questions
In quantitative aptitude, Data Sufficiency is an important topic that is widely asked about in banking and other competitive exams. It just requires your understanding of the various arithmetic topics. The best part of this topic is "you do not have to solve to complete question". As the name suggests, you just have to figure out what statements is/are required to answer the given question. Now, let's have a look at the approach you should follow while solving these questions.
Quantitative Aptitude Quizzes: After clearing your basic concepts, you can practice quizzes on different topics from the given link given.
Try to attempt quizzes after you are done with the concepts of all the topics. Brush up your basics of the topics mentioned above to get a good score in this section.
Expert Tips for IBPS PO 2022 Quantitative Aptitude
- Time Management- This is very essential and will eventually play a key role in determining your score for the IBPS PO exam. Analyze your weak and strong areas and manage your time accordingly. The time allotted to each and every section should be according to your weaker and stronger sections.
- Speed and Accuracy - As far as this section is concerned, speed plays a vital role since questions are normally lengthy and so you need to take utmost care of the time you are spending on each question. Try to attempt all the questions with 100% accuracy which will enhance your marks and save time in the IBPS PO exam.
- Remember, you do not need to attempt each and every question. IBPS PO prelims are just qualifying in nature and hence try to solve enough questions accurately to clear the sectional and overall cutoff. Each wrong answer can prove to be costly in your final score on the IBPS PO exam.
- You have only 20 minutes to attempt this section, so practice hard and try to attempt a sufficient number of questions.
- Practice as much as you can because that is what will eventually help you in the exam. You can do so with the help of our test series for IBPS PO which will make it easy for you to crack the IBPS PO 2022.
Other Useful Resources:
If you are aiming to clear IBPS PO in 2022-2023, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Click here to access Bank Test Series
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
Commentswrite a comment