- Paper 1- 50 Question: Each Question is of two marks.
- Paper 2- 100 Questions: Each Question is of two marks.
- Time duration- 3 hours.
- No Negative marking.
Weightage of Maths and D.I in Paper 1
- 5 questions of D.I- each question is of 2 marks: Total marks- 10.
- 3-4 questions of Maths- each question is of 2 marks: Total marks- 6-8.
- Overall weightage of Maths and D.I in Paper 1 is 16-18 marks.
Points to remember
- Each part is of equal importance so candidates have to focus on each & every part of this exam.
- It should be noted by candidates is that there is No Negative Marking in this Exam.
- 16-18 marks in Maths and D.I can give you JRF.
How to score maximum marks in the Maths and D.I. section of UGC NET?
- The questions in this section are designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidates.
- The scope of quantitative ability is clearly defined and is limited to class 10th level mathematics.
- If you have good command over this section, you can score complete marks here.
- All you need to do is attempt the questions with good accuracy.
- The level of this section is expected to be easy-moderate.
- Maths syllabus can be divided into Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Time, Distance and Work, Average, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion and etc.
- You must attempt Data Interpretation.
- Nearly all the D.I. questions are based on Ratio, Percentage and Average chapters of Arithmetic which you can easily solve all the questions and grab 10 marks within 7-8 minutes.
- This section is the most scoring section. Grab these 10 marks with both hands.
Mistakes to Avoid while attempting Maths and D.I Questions in UGC NET
There are a couple of mistakes done by aspirants while attempting Maths and D.I in competitive exams. Let us have a look at some common mistakes:
- Not Reading Questions Completely: This is the most common mistake made by students. In a hurry to solve questions faster, you don’t read questions clearly and end up making mistakes. This problem can cause frustration as even after solving the question methodically, you will not get the relevant option. And then, it becomes a herculean task to identify as to where you went wrong. Hence, read twice before you go ahead and start solving.
- Avoid Risky Shortcuts: If you have practised a particular shortcut or trick on many questions during your preparation then go ahead. But, if you have just read some shortcut or any trick during the last leg of your preparation, avoid using it in the exam as you do not know the conditions in which this particular shortcut can be applied. Solve the question using a conventional way even if it takes more time.
- Guess Work: Absolutely avoid any guesswork as this section can fetch complete marks.
Important Points to Remember while solving Maths and D.I Questions in UGC NET
- Focus on Important Topics: List down Important Topics and make sure you study those topics and practice a lot of questions.
- Work on your weak Areas: It is very easy to go along well with your strong areas, but it is best to work on your weaker areas and give them your best shot. Practice on the weak areas so that it is easy in the examination to solve them more easily.
- Go Through Previous Year Question Papers: This will help candidates to have an idea of the examination pattern. Aspirants should practice the papers during the revision time so that they can know the time limit and can practice weak areas.
- Practice is the ultimate way to succeed: The Final thing you should do is practice more and more. The more you practice the more you develop the understanding. So practice the mock papers available at BYJU'S Exam Prep.
- Don’t Overburden Yourself: It is important not to overburden yourself while preparing for the examination. This is the most important requirement for maintaining focus and concentration.
The time has come to tighten up your seatbelt as the UGC NET Exam dates can be announced any day. So, start preparing from today itself because “Your future is created by what you do Today, NOT TOMORROW.” Trust yourself, on your abilities and on your strength. Be always self-motivated whatever the situation may be. Never lose your hope. Trust on your hard work: one day you will surely achieve your goal.
BYJU'S Exam Prep Benefits:
- Structured Live Courses with Daily Study Plan
- Full syllabus coverage of Paper 1 and Paper 2 with live classes, study notes and interactive quizzes.
- Prepare with India's best Faculty with a proven track record
- Complete Doubt Resolution by Mentors and Experts
- Performance analysis and Report card to track improvement
UGC NET Preparation Tips
- First of all, candidates who are planning to prepare for UGC NET 2022 Exam should have a thorough knowledge of the UGC NET Syllabus.
- After analysing the syllabus, the next thing you need is the right study material for the preparations to begin. Candidates can refer to the below table for UGC NET Books.
- Another useful preparation tip is to solve UGC NET Previous Year Papers. Solve as much as you can as they will prepare you for the type of questions in the exam.
- It is also very important to keep giving UGC NET Mock test. These will prepare you for the actual exam environment and you can practise new questions through them.
|Best Books for UGC NET Paper 2||Read Here|
|Preparation Tips for UGC NET||Read Here|
|How to approach Averages for the UGC NET Exam? Tips & Tricks||Read Here|
|UGC NET 6 month study plan||Read Here|