Because it is a golden opportunity for the candidates preparing for LIC exams, it is high time one pulled up one's socks by following an exam strategy and getting into it in the first attempt.
Therefore, a sectional strategy is needed to score better in a particular subject.
Out of the three sections, the Quantitative aptitude of LIC Assistant 2022 exam is one such section, which most of the students find tough. The reason behind this is the lack of practice and the clarity of the concepts as well. You cannot learn or mug up this subject overnight.
Hence, to score well, you need to do the continuous practice of this section and follow the right approach before appearing for the exam so that you don't get afraid while attempting the questions. Also, with the introduction of the sectional timing, one must need work on the speed along with the accuracy.
Thus, through the medium of this article, BYJU'S Exam Prep is helping you to work on the sectional strategy for Quantitative Aptitude.
LIC Assistant Quantitative Aptitude Preparation Strategy
Below are the tips that you should follow to boost the score in Quant Section:
Know the Basics of Quantitative Aptitude
- The first and foremost thing to do is to be clear about the basic concepts, which is the most important tool to enhance the Quantitative Aptitude problems. So, it is suggested to work on these basic concepts. For example, if you are weak in multiplication or division or any basic mathematical calculation, the first prepare for that first.
- Learn the multiplication technique and the multiplication table as well. Along with this, learn basic mathematical operations like division, addition, subtraction, etc. For further improvement, simplification techniques and basic mathematical formulas like (a+b)2, (a+b)3 should be practiced.
- Another important point is to memorize the tables from 1-30, squares up to 50, and cubes up to 30. This will help you in calculating fast.
- It should be on your bucket list to learn and understand the basic chapters of Quant like Ratio, Percentage, Average, etc. This will help you to solve the miscellaneous arithmetic problems.
- It should be noted that proficiency in these three chapters is required to clear the cut-off of the exam and fetch maximum marks in the Quant section.
Speed up the Accuracy
- You will be given only 20 minutes to complete 35 questions of this section. Thus, you need to enhance your speed. You have to make sure that whichever question you attempt, should be correct. 100% accuracy in quant will boost your score in the exam.
- Make a habit of attempting questions of Approximation, Simplification, Quadratic Equations, etc. first. These topics take less time and have more chances of being accurate than other topics of the section.
Also, from the previous year's exam analysis, you will get to know about the expected topics which can be helpful to make a strategy for attempting the topics you have better command on.
Make a list of Important Chapters
- Questions on Simplification, Approximation, Quadratic Equations, etc. are frequently asked in the exam. These chapters take less time as well. Therefore, always keep these topics on a high priority and practice them more and more.
For this, you can also follow the LIC Assistant weekly plan and mug up all the important/ expected questions of the LIC Assistant Exam.
- Number series is another important topic, which you must practice. Try to solve as many questions as you can. In this way, you will be familiar with the maximum number of number series patterns.
- Data Interpretation is also one of the most important topics, which has a really good weightage in the exam. This is a mix of Ratio, percentage, average. So, if you are good at these basic chapters, then solving Data Interpretation in the exam will be a cakewalk for you.
- Also, questions on BODMAS and Number series are frequently asked in the exam. If you command the Mathematical Operations and Number Series, this section will be sufficient for you to clear the cutoff.
Do High-level Questions
- You should aim to be expertise in the high-level questions of every topic. By doing this, you can ultimately solve easy and medium-level questions. For this, the basic concepts should be well-known and be at your fingertips. This can be done by practicing Mini Mocks provided to prep smart accordingly.
Track your Performance
- While preparing the Quant section, identify the topics at which you are good along with topics you are bad at. Therefore, plan your timetable in such a way that you can devote more attention and more time to weaker areas and a required amount of time to strong areas as well.
- Keep a track of your score, especially of your percentile. This will surely help you to know whether you are improving or not.
Mock Test: An Essential Element
- Mock Tests are the key elements to enhance the preparation in any competitive exam. By solving a notable number of mock tests, you will easily become habitual in handling exam pressure. It is to be noted that cracking an exam is dependent on the way you handle the exam pressure while attempting.
- This will also make you learn to adhere to the time limits while solving the mock test.
- Also, solving mock tests is something like measuring your performance. This tracks your section-wise performance and lets you know the place you are standing at.
- Mock tests are based on the latest exam pattern. A student needs to be familiar with the latest pattern of questions instead of sticking to the old pattern. For this, you can attempt Mocks for LIC Assistant Exam 2022 based on the latest pattern to ace LIC Assistant Exam 2022.
Commentswrite a comment