What is CLAT GK?
The GK section of any competitive exam evaluates candidates' skills in General Knowledge and Current Affairs on different daily happenings. The GK for CLAT has the maximum weightage, and it is vital to score maximum marks in that section. Note one thing that in CLAT GK, there is no definite syllabus. The candidates must follow a strategic CLAT Preparation plan to ace GK for CLAT with a good score.
☛ See also: CLAT Cut Off
The GK for CLAT section has the ability to create pressure for you; however, it takes minimal time to answer maximum marks if prepared well. The General Knowledge and Current Affairs section consists of 35-40 questions, and the mark weightage goes up to 40. Read ahead to learn about some tricks on How to Prepare GK for CLAT efficiently and easily.
☛ Stay updated with all the details of CLAT Exam and its related things.
GK for CLAT Sections Highlights
The Current Affairs & GK for CLAT contains:
- Around 35-39 questions, which is 25% of the CLAT Question Paper.
- Small passages of about 450 words are also asked, which is followed by a series of MCQs.
- The candidates will get +1 for every correct answer; however, -0.25 marks are deducted as per the CLAT marking scheme.
There are no CLAT sectional timings; therefore, the candidates can prepare Current Affairs, including GK Section, such that they attempt this section as quickly as possible. You can ace this section quickly and accurately with effectual preparation tips for GK for CLAT. Stay updated with the CLAT Exam Pattern in detail.
Important Topics for CLAT GK
As per CLAT Analysis, the GK for CLAT contains both static GK and current affairs-based questions. The questions are normally asked from news, journalistic sources, and daily happenings. The Current Affairs section deals with the below-mentioned topics:
- Major events happening nationally, at least the last year
- Major International Events of at least the last year
- Events in the legal domain, both nationally and internationally
- Contemporary events of significance from India and the world
Additionally, the Static GK for CLAT is based on the below-mentioned topics:
- Art and Culture
- Legal Domain, Indian Constitutions, etc. Stay updated with the CLAT important Topics.
How to Prepare for Static GK for CLAT 2023?
The candidates preparing for the CLAT often prepare this section comprehensively, considering its vastness. It should always be kept in mind that GK for CLAT differentiates the toppers from the average students. Hence the importance of the CLAT GK should not be underestimated.
☛ Also Check: CLAT Registration
As per the latest updates, in GK for CLAT, the candidates will be provided passages of 450 words each. The passages will carry topics from news, journalistic sources, and non-fiction writings. Each passage of CLAT GK will consist of several questions requiring the candidates to demonstrate various aspects of current affairs and GK for CLAT. Below are some expert tips on preparing Static GK for CLAT 2023.
Solve Previous Year Question Paper
Make sure to go through the previous year's papers to get an idea of the questions asked in GK for CLAT. Additionally, the candidates must solve CLAT Sample Papers to thoroughly understand the topics covered in this section.
Identify Your Strengths
After going through the papers, the next step is to identify the subjects or portions of GK for CLAT you are strong at or are interested in and start preparing them first and then slowly move to your problematic areas. This will help you gain confidence in the GK section for CLAT.
☛ Also Check: CLAT Syllabus.
Read Newspaper Daily
For current affairs, the habit of reading newspapers has to be inculcated. Make sure to read a good newspaper such as “The Hindu.” With the newspaper's help, national and international issues will be covered, and you can easily Prepare for GK CLAT.
Also, maintain a copy to write down the important news bites. Small hours dedicated to newspapers every day will give huge returns.
☛ Note: LSAT vs CLAT
Follow News Channels Daily and News Websites
National and international news should be watched daily for at least half an hour. This will help you know about the current issues in detail to ace GK for CLAT. Also, make systematic notes of the news, which will greatly help. Note Dos and Donts for CLAT Exam.
Any good news channel’s (which provides authentic news) website should be followed. The current affairs section asks questions about events that have occurred in the past 12-15 months. Such websites discuss not only recent but also relatively old news that cannot be prepared through newspapers or news channels.
Register for Online Quizzes and Mock Tests
To check your knowledge, you should register for online quizzes in GK for CLAT. This will help you not only to check your knowledge but will also help you prepare several new topics for CLAT GK Section, which in turn will boost your confidence. Get a direct link for CLAT Quizzes. The candidates can also attempt CLAT Mock Tests frequently to check their preparation level.
Additional Tips to Ace GK for CLAT Section
Note the below points to note some important tips to ace CLAT GK Section.
- For static GK, you can refer to the NCERT books of the related subjects from classes 6 to 10 to prepare GK for CLAT. Also, stay tuned with our BYJU'S Exam Prep App, where you get daily GK articles and sessions.
Get an expert-recommended CLAT Books PDF list.
- For Current Affairs, magazines can be read, such as Manorama Year Book, Pratiyogita Darpan, etc., can be referred to. One can also buy the monthly magazines available on current affairs and revise all the news that they have learned to Prepare for GK for CLAT.
- If you are having difficulty in reading a newspaper, several channels are available on YouTube, which provide daily news analysis of the newspaper. However, one should have a passion for reading if one intends to become a lawyer.
- Go through the notes made that you have prepared once a week, or else, in the end, everything will seem new, and it will be hard to cram everything in a single go.
- Events related to national and international importance must be prepared well for GK for CLAT.
- Look out for news specific to science, technology, legal affairs, sports, people, places, inventions, etc.
- Be well prepared so that you don’t have to depend on flukes while solving GK for CLAT. Check CLAT Eligibility before applying for the exam.
- Stay updated with the latest current affairs from all the sources that have been mentioned above so that you don’t miss out on any important news.
- During the examination, emphasis should be laid on attempting maximum correct answers rather than on attempting maximum questions in GK for CLAT.
- A lot of time can be saved in the CLAT GK if you are thorough with your syllabus, and that time can be utilized in other sections.
GK for CLAT isn’t a subject that requires hours of study daily. You need to put a little effort regularly to be thorough with the enormous syllabus. And remember, hard work instead of smart work is the key to success in preparing GK for CLAT.
Commentswrite a comment