With the proper understanding of syllabus and pattern from previous year questions and with a smart study using limited resources could make your preparation holistic and make it clear with JRF too.
Points to Remember
- The important thing to do to crack JRF in Education is to keep the updated syllabus with you. Read the syllabus line by line.
- Another important thing is the identification of the areas/topics that are scoring and repeated questions being asked by NTA most of the time.
- Identify your strong and weak areas/topics in Education. For example- Technology in/ for Education and Inclusive Education are very scoring topics of Education. Avoid missing any question from these topics.
- Do work upon your weak areas. Example- an aspiring candidate finds Pedagogy, Andragogy and Assessment, Learner and Learning Process a bit difficult. Therefore, practise more on these topics.
- Avoid reading precooked guide/help books available in the market, a holistic approach is the only key.
- Start with your basics books that you read in your B.Ed/M.Ed/M.Sc.Ed/MA ed., for a quick recap.
- Revision of these books will help you in saving a lot of time.
- Attempt mock tests and previous year questions..
- Do not take paper-2 lightly. Most candidates put their sole focus on Paper-I but forget that the Paper II is of 200 marks and make your result come out as NET with JRF.
Preparation strategy for your UGC NET in Education Exam 2021
1. Previous Year Paper Analysis:
- Key analysis drawn from the previous year papers for NET in Education is that NTA is testing candidates objective knowledge and practical approach skills
- Appeared/Appearing students in the post graduate degree in the field of education are expected to develop fair critical reasoning skills and sound knowledge so to answer the questions
- Only objective questions are being asked in the paper and a thorough subjective knowledge is a must
- Real life and practical skills acquired during TLP is an advantage to answer practical based questions.
- Mostly all options seem to be correct, so a thorough subjective knowledge will make you to BYJU'S Exam Prep in it.
2. Key Areas to be studied:
These are ten units as the latest syllabus out of which, questions are asked in your paper 2 :
- Learner and Learning Process
- History, Politics and Economics of Education
- Educational Studies
- Educational Management, Administration and Leadership
- Inclusive Education
- Research in Education
- Curriculum Studies
- Pedagogy, Andragogy and Assessment
- Teacher Education
- Technology in/ for Education
Important topics from the above units which are most important and scoring :
MOST IMPORTANT TOPICS
PAPER 2 : Education ( 2020 )
Contribution of Western schools of thoughts
Approaches to Sociology of Education
Committees and Commissions on Education
Educational Policy and National Development
Growth and Development
Principles and Theories of learning
Instructional Design and technique
Educational Research and methodology
Pedagogy of Education
Concept of Educational Technology
Use of ICT in Education
Emerging Trends in e learning
Concept, Principle and Scope of Inclusive Education
Barriers and Facilitators in Inclusive Education
Principle and strategies of curriculum development
Professional ethics and principles as a teacher
New Education Policy*
Concept of Quality and Quality in Education
Takeaways from the ongoing trend of question papers:
- Most scoring areas : Education policies, commission and committees :
- Chairman of Committees and Year of commission establishment and report submission is the scoring and important area.
- Practical based question from your teaching learning practice owns good weightage
- Inclusive education is very important.
- Aim to cover above highlighted areas with proper revision
- Eliminating options technique can also make you reach the right options, which can be only developed by through subjective knowledge and practice
- Attempt practical based questions with a critical reasoning and analytical approach
3. Strategy for UGC NET Education : Paper 2
- Make yourself aware of the examination pattern
- Keep your sources limited and practice more
- Start your revision with scanning your college books
- At least 3-4 hours daily devotion for a minimum 2 months, Devot at least 4 hours thoroughly
- Make yourself familiar with all the important points given in the syllabus.
- Make a habit of writing notes for your revision few days before examination
- Talk Less Act More strategy with at least one mock test/topic test daily.
- Time management and routine based study for each topic
- Revision is the key to your success and retention will make par the exam
- Focus on quality study and prepare with smart strategies to attempt questions. Elimination method works well in attempting a lot of questions where multiple options are there as correct answer
- In the exam preparation strategy, allocate proper time to practice the Paper 1.
3. Important Books for UGC NET Education : Paper 2
Education is vast subject and it includes topics which includes philosophy, psychology, sociology etc., and to cover the designated syllabus by NTA, following books which are available in both English and Hindi medium can be studied with prior matching relevant topics :
- N. R. Swaroop Saxena
- Uma Tandon
- Aruna Gupta
- Raman Bihari Lal
- Dr. Girish Pichori
- J.C. Aggarwal
- S.P. Ruhela
- J.S. Walia
Note- NTA picks questions based on theoretical as well as practical knowledge.
Therefore,It is a must for a candidate to practice more with subjective knowledge.
BYJU'S Exam Prep provides you crisp and relevant notes with plenty of questions, mock tests and practical applications based questions. Hence, to score better, start your preparation now and crack UGC NET 2021.
All the best for your exams.