The GATE exam is considered to be one of the toughest and complicated exams in India and cracking the GATE 2022 is no easy deal and while doing a job where taking time to prepare is itself a struggle on its own. But with proper planning, strong will and strategic approach, many candidates have cleared the GATE exam with exceptional scores.
In this article, we will explore how to crack the GATE exam while working at a job. We will see all the important aspects to know how to get more or at least the required marks required to sit in the recruitment process for PSUs and other reputed organisations.
Gate Preparation Tips while Doing Job
Following certain tips and strategies can help working individuals to prepare effectively for the GATE examination. A proper roadmap guides working individuals to make the best use of their time and work on the key areas of GATE preparation.
Given below are the best gate preparation tips and strategies for effective preparation:
GATE 2022- Knowing what the GATE exam is all About
- The GATE exam is conducted only once a year through online mode.
- GATE score is the most important criterion followed by different institutions to take admission in Masters’s degree programs and is used for seeking PSU jobs and CSIR Junior Research Fellowship.
- The total duration of the GATE 2022 exam will be of 3 hours. The exam paper will contain 65 questions of a total of 100 marks.
Understand the Curriculum and the Weightage of each Topic
- Know your syllabus with respect to the demand of the Exam.
- Understand the time oneself can allot for the preparation of gate exam apart from working hours where they can study effectively with utmost focus and attention.
- Every subject and every topic has a different weightage. Analyze previous year’s GATE question papers properly. This will help you to understand which subjects and areas to focus more on.
- Evaluate the number of days each subject will take and calculate the timeline of the preparation.
- Create a stepwise list of Gate topics according to the weightage and level of difficulty as per your understanding of the subject.
Find Best Study Resource for GATE
- Specific study material is a must for the preparation of the GATE examination.
- Reading an adequate amount of books and avoiding wastage of time in non-specific books is to be the point of focus for every student.
- Using the help of the best sources available online can be a boost to the preparation.
- Syllabus books used during undergraduate years are to be used as the base for the preparation.
Plan your GATE 2022 Preparation
- Start preparing as early as possible. Starting early will give you more time to practice.
- Draft a plan for your GATE 2022 Preparation. Plan accordingly and in a productive manner. Know your strength and weaknesses
- Success is an iterative process, and not an overnight effort. Believe in the process and just practice sincerely. The more you practice, the more it will get reflected in your exam and result.
- An excellent idea is to make a routine. Also, set targets and work hard towards achieving them. Daily, weekly and monthly targets seriously help in achieving the bigger milestones in the roadmap.
Follow your Plan
- Making a well-structured plan for the preparation of the examination and sticking to it is the hardest and yet the best-proven practice to crack the examination.
- Setting a realistic and thorough plan will help you to stick to the plan for a longer period of time.
- The plan should be evolving according to the level of difficulty and the comfortability of the subjects.
- Leaving any subject no matter the reason is a no. Read every subject.
- Prepare the notes every day and keep on revising them as much as possible and thus prepare shorter notes every time.
- Solve as many practise papers as possible to improve fluency on the subject.
- Enrol yourself in the online exams to give yourself the feel of the real examination.
- Examine your performance every day and identify where you are lacking to strengthen your knowledge on the subject.
- Revision is a key component of preparation. So you have to make proper planning for revising each subject after regular intervals.
- Preparing the notes in a way that candidates can easily revise again and again as many times as possible before the GATE Exam.
- Revise weekly. Keep at least two days in a week exclusively for revision and solving practice papers.
- Every time you revise, take less and less time if not, quickly revise and go through the chapter again.
- Give dedicated time for practising the numerical as well.
Solve Mock Test/Previous Year’s Question Paper/Sample Paper
- Giving mock tests and solving previous year’s questions have been known to be very accurate and effective over the years. Take mock tests regularly and analyze your performance level by tracking your scores. Identify your weak areas and prepare well based on the importance of the topics.
- Time management is another key aspect that will get improved once you start the test series.
- Pay attention to your weaknesses during the mock test. Explore the areas which need immediate attention.
- A very important part of GATE Exam preparation is practising the previous years’ GATE question papers.
The following articles are useful for preparing for the GATE Exam:
If you are preparing for ESE/ GATE or other PSU Exams, then avail Online Classroom Program for ESE and GATE:
Attempt online mock tests of ESE & GATE 2022 at BYJU'S Exam Prep to improve the exam score in all disciplines:
All the Best!