UPSC CAPF Paper 2
As we know that the exam consists of two papers, which are Paper 1 and CAPF Paper 2. Paper 1 consists of 125 questions of objective type while CAPF AC Paper 2 consists of essay & comprehension which is of descriptive type. The syllabus of CAPF Paper 2 is quite vast and ambiguous which makes aspirants a little bit confused about what strategy to be adopted for solving this paper.
The Union Public Service Commission is all set to conduct Paper 1 and Paper 2 of the CAPF Exam on 06 August 2023. UPSC CAPF Paper 2 consists of questions on the essay, debate, report writing, reading comprehension, and basic grammar questions to test the language proficiency of the candidates.
CAPF Paper 2 Pattern
CAPF Paper 2 of the exam consists of a total of 6 questions that are divided into 2 parts. The details of the pattern of CAPF Paper 2 are provided in the table below:
CAPF Paper 2
Essay questions which include topics on History, Geography, Polity, Economics, and Security & Human Rights
Debate Writing, Report Writing, Comprehension, Precise Writing & Other Communication & Language Skills
How to Prepare for CAPF Paper 2?
candidates can check the all information on CAPF Paper 2 on the first attempt, the preparation strategy, the format to be followed for descriptive writing, etc. Here we will discuss the correct approach along with important tips and tricks that you need to adopt while doing CAPF Preparation for Paper 2.
Preparation Tips for CAPF Paper 2 Essay Writing
The Essay writing of CAPF Paper 2 will consume a lot of time as you need to tackle a total of 4 Essays here. Keeping the word limit in mind, you need to write at least 1200 words which are from different topics. Writing these essays without proper planning will lead to a loss of time and you will not be able to complete the rest of the questions in CAPF Paper 2.
Before writing about a particular essay in CAPF AC Paper 2, give yourself a time of 3 minutes, at the back of the answer sheet or in the question paper write bullet points in short about the topic (5W’s & H), the reasons, causes, and effects (if possible).
Note: 5W’s & H: What, Why, Who, Where, When & How (approach to introduce the topic).
Q1: The need for common Civil Code in India
First, describe what is Civil Code, a brief history, the need for the civil code, the effects of the civil code (+ve as well as -ve), and a conclusion. This approach will be helpful in writing an essay which will be to the point and cover all important things. If you use this practice in CAPF Paper 2, we recommend that you give yourself the following amount of time:
Note: This means you can complete one essay in 15 Minutes. So for 4 essays, you require a time of 1 hour.
Tips for CAPF Paper 2 Debate Writing
Debate writing in CAPF Paper 2 is writing for or against a particular topic. The basic idea here tested by UPSC is to check the depth of the topic. In each topic of Debate writing in CAPF AC Paper 2, we need to take one aspect and then make points about its pros and cons. We would suggest you keep the same word limit of 300 words and then write the points in favour first and then points against in the next paragraph in CAPF Paper 2.
Q: Youth in India are getting addicted to Android Mobiles
Candidates should follow the below structure for these types of Debate writing questions in UPSC CAPF Paper 2.
Youth in India are getting addicted to Android mobiles (for):
- Social Aspect: (Statement 1)
- Educational Aspect: (Statement 2)
- Technological Aspect: (Statement 3)
Youth in India are getting addicted to Android mobiles (against):
- Social Aspect: (Statement 4)
- Educational Aspect: (Statement 5)
- Technological Aspect: (Statement 6)
Note: The time limit remains similar to the essay which is 15 minutes per topic which comes out to be 30 minutes for this question.
Tips for CAPF Paper 2 Report Writing
Report writing in CAPF Paper 2 should also be prepared on similar lines as that of Essay writing. The effective time required to complete Report writing in CAPF Paper 2 should be 30 minutes.
Preparation Tips for CAPF AC Paper 2 Precise Writing
Precise writing in CAPF Paper 2 is a paragraph summary. But writing Precise is more than simply shortening the paragraphs. The reason for writing a Precise in UPSC CAPF AC Paper 2 is to make the reader understand the paragraph's main essence in a shorter format. The effective time that should be taken to complete Precise writing in CAPF Paper 2 is 25 minutes. Here are some tips for Precise writing:
- Describe the main idea of the topic as soon as possible.
- Identify the superfluous data and facts and keep precise the core idea of the work.
- A precise title should be appropriate indicating the central idea.
Comprehension Writing Tips for CAPF Paper 2
The effective time that should be taken to complete CAPF Paper 2 Comprehension writing is 15 Minutes. Here are some tips to prepare Comprehension writing for CAPF AC Paper 2:
- If the topic is known to you, kindly don't use the knowledge which is not covered in the comprehension.
- Read the question carefully and based on that answer the question.
- Never give an answer based on your opinion, base your answer on facts.
CAPF Paper 2 Tips for Miscellaneous Questions
Many other questions like Direct and Indirect Speech, Active and Passive, etc. are asked in CAPF Paper 2. The effective time that should be taken to complete these miscellaneous questions in CAPF Paper 2 is 15 minutes. The total time provided for CAPF AC Paper 2 is 2 hours and 55 minutes. The rest 5 minutes you can take as a buffer which you can use in any question or revision.
Points to Remember while doing CAPF Paper 2 Preparation
The following are some important points to remember while preparing for CAPF Paper 2:
- As the Major portion is related to General Awareness you should read newspapers, magazines, and articles. This would also help you in improving your English for CAPF AC Paper 2.
- Write legible and with equal spacing.
- Do not cut or overwrite a word as it does not look neat.
- You can also use flow charts and diagrams to explain as it would look attractive and unique.
- Use facts and figures in your essay as it would help in supporting your argument.
- keep calm and composed before the CAPF Paper 2 exam.
- Even if you are not able to attempt all questions, just focus on the questions that you can attempt. An effective strategy would be to start with the last question in CAPF Paper 2.
Commentswrite a comment