How to Prepare English for FCI Exam?
FCI AG General & Depot Exam process is divided into two stages i.e. Phase I & Phase II. Let us go through both the phases & understand the selection procedure of General & Depot posts.
The exam pattern for FCI Phase I online objective exam is as follows: -
Name of the Test
No. of Qs.
- Each question will carry 1 mark.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- Total time duration will be of 60 Minutes.
- 100 multiple choice questions will be asked in Phase I.
Now let us go through the tips that can be used as a guideposts in your preparation for English Section.
- Go through the Previous Years' Question Papers
- Read newspapers and informative magazines to boost your vocabulary.
- For Grammar section, follow a book that clears your basic concepts such as the one by S.P. Bakshi.
- Practice as much quizzes and mock tests as you can
- Read English novels such as autobiographies of eminent personalities. Reading such novels not only motivates you to work harder but also enhance your word power.
- Make flash cards and use them often to revise the words learnt and their usage.
- Idioms & Phrases are the most tricky part of this section. However, you can improve this section by noting down a list of important idioms & Phrases in your notebook and going through them on a daily basis. To remember it for long, take numerous quizzes and include them in your day to day conversation.
More from us:
Team BYJU'S Exam Prep!