Our exhaustive AFCAT English study plan will help you better your score, provided you put in the much-needed efforts and motivation. Here, is a thorough outline of tips to prepare English Section for the AFCAT exam to crack it and emerge with flying colors.
How to Prepare English for AFCAT Exam?
Time management is essential to score well in the AFCAT exam. To make the most of the days of intensive preparation for the English part, it is crucial to focus more on revision. English is a language that can only be better through practice.
So, first, try to revise through the grammar component and do some reading comprehension and writing practice. Here are some important tips on how you can prepare for the English Section for AFCAT:
- Thoroughly go through the prescribed syllabus for English, and make sure that you have covered everything.
- Make sure that you have gone through the Exam Pattern for AFCAT (given hereunder)
Mode of Examination
Total Number of Questions
120 minutes or 2 hours
Sections in Exam
- To enhance English knowledge, the candidate must regularly prepare daily newspapers and magazines. This will also help them improve their general awareness as well.
- It is important to have access to the Internet on your smartphone, which will enable you to read e-newspapers and other books while traveling. Certain educational apps that help build English vocabulary etc. should also be used. Focus on synonyms and antonyms.
- Make sure that you solve the previous years’ AFCAT exam papers and also take a mock test every day to improve your performance. This will help you know your weaknesses so that you can work on them during these 15 days.
- Keep working on your time management in the exam, as you need to improve your speed and accuracy.
- Rather than purchasing multiple books for studying English for AFCAT, which will confuse you at the end- buy a few AFCAT books that are very targeted. Here are some suggestions:
- AFCAT- The First Step – DDE
- Popular Master Guide, AFCAT – R. Gupta
- Word Power Made Easy- Norman Lewis
- High Schools English Grammar and Composition.
- You can also check Important Books For AFCAT Exam
- Allocate time and try to finish your task within that time frame.
- Do take breaks in between. This will help improve your attention span and will also rejuvenate you.
- It is important to have at least seven hours of uninterrupted sleep along with wholesome, home-cooked meals. This will help your brain to focus.
It is not impossible to crack the AFCAT Exam, all it requires is discipline, hard work, and dedication towards the preparation strategy. Here are some tips that will help you ace the English Component of the AFCAT Exam. Here is an effective Study plan for AFCAT English preparation.
Effective Plan for AFCAT English Preparation
There are only a few days left before the AFCAT 2020 Exam. To crack the English exam, it is essential to have a robust study plan that covers all the important aspects of the prescribed syllabus. Here is a strategy that we have customized for you to do well in the English segment of the AFCAT exam this year.
Time to spend on learning and preparing questions and methods
Time to spend on revising tricks and concepts
1.5 hours going through the dictionary and thesaurus
15 minutes Revision
1.5 Hours (Morning Hours are better)
15 Minutes Revision
1.5 hours (read through the various important prescribed topics and do question banks and mock tests)
15 minutes of revision
15 minutes for revision
Tips to Crack English Section for AFCAT
To have a better score in English, it is important to adopt a holistic approach that focuses on listening, writing, speaking and reading skills. You have to ensure that you improve on all these parameters while studying for the English component for AFCAT. Here is a simple strategy that you can follow to achieve the same:
1. Read the daily newspaper and read journals
Reading the newspaper regularly along with some informative journals like the Reader’s Digest will not only help you understand new vocabulary and sentence structure but also will help you brush up your current affairs. Also, try to watch international news channels with subtitles on.
This is also very effective in building English language skills.
2. Reading Comprehension
It is important to take AFCAT mock tests online and practice reading comprehension. This is the part that most students falter in, as it is tricky. Try to score well by attempting at least three reading comprehension passages from sample papers, past papers, and mock tests daily.
3. Grammar Revision
It is important to do some grammar revision when it comes to the commonly-asked questions in the AFCAT English component. Topics like Antonyms and Synonyms fill in the blanks, error detection, sentence completion, tenses, and basic grammar; all should be worked upon.
Try to do at least 30 grammar questions daily. Various online websites offer free access to grammar tests that you can practice.
4. Vocabulary Building
Spend some time going through the dictionary, jotting down new words and learning their meaning and spelling. It would be recommended if you could also note down their own antonyms/synonyms. Vocabulary is usually the trickiest part of the AFCAT English component- so make sure you strengthen your vocabulary skills.
The above is a comprehensive strategy that can not only help you to prepare English for AFCAT but can also help you crack it as well. Dedication, hard work and time management is required for achieving this feat.
Follow the strategy and dedicate time to each English component to figure out your strengths and weaknesses and work on the latter.
For scoring well, it is mandatory for you to not only complete the prescribed AFCAT syllabus but also get some practice by doing the mock tests. It is important to remain calm and composed before and during the exam because, no matter how well you have prepared, nervousness can always play a spoilsport.
Hence, your calm and collected mind, coupled with all the hard work that you have put in can decide whether or not you will qualify with flying colours. Ensure that you manage your time effectively during the exam and are more alert.
Remember, there is a negative marking for an incorrect answer, so do not make guesses until you have some level of certainty. In the meantime, keep working hard and practicing well.
|AFCAT Study Material||AFCAT Question Papers|
|AFCAT Salary & Promotions||AFCAT Cut Off|
More from us:
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.