Reactivity Series of Metals Applications
- The series can be used to foretell if a metal displacement reaction will take place.
- Zinc, for instance, comes before copper in the sequence. We expect that adding a zinc metal strip to a solution of copper(II) sulphate will result in the formation of metallic copper and zinc sulphate.
- Zinc is placed above copper in the series. According to our forecast, adding a strip of copper to a zinc sulphate solution won't cause a response.
How to Memorize the Reactivity Series Easily? Is There Any Mnemonic for It?
The phrase "Please send cats, monkeys, and zebras in charming cheerful cages constructed of silver, gold, and platinum" can be used to memorise the reactivity series of metals.
- What is the Shape of the Earth
- An Electron Moving With a Velocity of 5 10 4ms 1 Enters Into a Uniform Electric Field and Acquires...
- 1 Gm of Magnesium is Burnt With 0 56gm of O2 in a Closed Vessel Which Reactant is Left in Excess and How Much
- A Car Traveling at 20 Kmh Speeds Up to 60 Kmh in 6 Seconds What is Its Acceleration in Ms2
- A Pole Has to Be Erected at a Point on the Boundary of a Circular Park of Diameter 13 Metres in Such...
- A Shopkeeper Earns a Profit of Rs 1 by Selling One Pen and Incurs a Loss of 40 Paise by Selling..