Importance of Vocabulary for Bank Exams
Vocabulary plays a pivotal role in bank exams. Vocabulary is a stepping stone for all subjects especially English. If prepared well and with consistency, you can ace this section with flying colors.
- You will get around 4-8 questions from vocabulary in prelims and around 15-20 questions in mains.
- This consists of an antonym-synonym. cloze test, filler, and word swapping types of question.
- So you need a stronghold in the vocabulary section to score good marks in the English section.
If you're studying for a banking or insurance exam, you should read this article because it will help you improve your learning skills. Learn how to boost your Vocabulary for Bank Exams.
Vocabulary Important Topics for Bank Exams
When you are trying to ace anything, you should break it down into parts and start grasping it for longer retention. Vocabulary notes are a great way to break down a large chunk of knowledge into small portions.
Reading comprehension is an important topic in the bank exam. Good Vocabulary is a necessity to understand comprehension completely.
The Cloze test will check your ability to understand the words and your vocabulary command.
You can attempt some online vocabulary tests to ace error spotting.
Multiple meaning words
Vocabulary questions and answers PDF for bank exams can help you to understand this portion of the English test.
Reading a Lot is the Key
- To be proficient in English Vocabulary for Bank Exams, you must read voraciously. The more you read, the more words you'll get familiar with.
- One piece of advice that has benefited many people in the English Section is to read the newspaper every day. To become more familiar with additional words, read novels, blogs, articles, and a range of other sources.
- Make certain to read the required stuff. Take up the difficult content as a challenge. Maintain a reading habit that is appropriate for you and stick to it.
- Developing solid reading abilities can aid you much in tackling reading comprehension, cloze tests, and other English Section themes.
Set a Target to Learn a Particular Number of Words Each Day -
- Make it a goal to learn a certain number of words each day and stick to it. You can choose to learn 1, 3, 5, or 10 words per day, according to your preferences.
- Following this routine on a regular basis will undoubtedly assist you in developing a good command of language. If you started with one word per day, attempt to raise it in the coming weeks to 3-5 words.
Learn Many Words in One Go with Root Words
- When it comes to expanding your English Vocabulary for Bank Exams, root words are quite useful. You can learn at least 10 English words in one sitting with just one root. Cred, for example, is a root word that means "to believe."
- You may now study other words like credulous (having a tendency to believe things too quickly), Credible (able to be believed), incredible (not believable), and many more.
- In the same way, the root word 'Port' signifies 'Carry.' You may learn words like transport, export, import, and deport using this. These terms allude to the act of carrying or moving something.
Have a Good Dictionary App
- Having a large vocabulary is crucial for Bank exams. Keep a dictionary app, such as Thesaurus, on your phone. If you come across a new word, look up its definition so you don't forget it.
- Instead of skimming through social media websites, spend your free time reading the dictionary or using an app.
- Try using the thesaurus to look up synonyms, antonyms, and phrases for the word in question. You will see that you have improved your language skills with regular work.
Maintain a Separate Notebook
- It's not enough to learn words if you forget them after a while. Keep a notebook handy to jot down the new words you've learned.
- Make a list of the new terms you've learned, as well as difficult words and their definitions. You can also use such words to construct sentences.
- It will greatly assist you in becoming accustomed to the word. Also, jot down unfamiliar words as you come across them so you can double-check them later. If you hear or see a word you don't recognize, look it up right away.
Use Learnt Words in Conversation/Writing
Use the new words you've learned in your conversations and writing. Make sure you can effectively employ the newly learned word in your discussion. It will help you score good marks in the upcoming Bank exams.
- You can easily learn and remember an English word using a variety of memorizing strategies. For instance, consider mnemonics. The term "inevitable" refers to anything that cannot be avoided.
- The mnemonic for this word is "In Every Table." It could signify something that is present at every table and cannot be avoided. Similarly, you can create and practice mnemonic techniques for each difficult English word.
- Other learning approaches, such as index cards, recording yourself, reciting your words, association games, and so on, should be explored to improve your vocabulary.
Do Not Forget to Revise the words Already Learned
It is critical to review the Vocabulary for Bank Exams you have already learned on a regular basis. Refer to the words in the notepad you've kept and revise them.
Talk in English
One of the most crucial aspects of learning the Vocabulary for Bank Exams is conversing in it. First and foremost, it will gradually increase your self-assurance. Additionally, you will learn new words from others while conversing.
So, if you follow the advice in this article, you should be able to extend your vocabulary and improve your English language skills by discovering and learning new terms. It is critical to incorporate the words into your speaking and writing in order to retain them in your memory.
Make Use of Play Cards:
Play cards can also be used to learn new words. As an example, write two or three new words with blanks and their meaning. Play this game as a fun game, and you'll learn a lot of new terms in a week.
“What we learn with pleasure, we never forget” – Alfred Mercier
Recommended Books for Vocabulary for Banking Exams
You can go through the following books to boost your vocabulary in the bank exams:
- 504 Essential Words
- The Vocabulary Builder Workbook
Vocabulary is a nightmare for most of us, but it forms a significant part of every competitive exam, including banking exams. Vocabulary questions and answer play an important role in the preparation to gain success in various bank PO exams. The language section in the banking exam is relatively easy as compared to other competitive exams. Nonetheless, if you have been facing any issues with the language, your inhibitions must be over after reading this.
Also Check -
Vocabulary is important for the following bank exams.
If you are aiming to crack SBI/IBPS 2022, then join the sure-shot success Batch Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.