Eligibility for M.tech Courses
The M.Tech degree is an essential prerequisite to acquiring a job in the technology sector and its industries.
The following eligibility criteria are for students aspiring to pursue M.Tech without any entrance test:
- Candidates must have completed their Bachelors in Technology (B.Tech) or Bachelors in Engineering (B.E) degree with the institute’s desired cut-off marks.
- Many IITs and NITs take direct admission in M.Tech courses without the GATE score. Aspirants must be a B.Tech graduate of an IIT, and they must have obtained at least CGPA 8 or above to be eligible for direct admission.
M.Tech Admission for Sponsored Seats at IISc, IITs and NITs
Prestigious institutes such as IISc, IITs and NITs allow candidates sponsored by companies to enrol in their M. Tech courses without GATE scores.
The following are the eligibility criteria for sponsored students interested in getting direct admission in M.Tech without GATE.
- Candidates must have finished their B. Tech or B.E degree with the institutes’ desired cutoff marks.
- Students applying as sponsored candidates for an M. Tech course must have a minimum of two years of work experience.
- Candidates should avail of a 2-year leave for study by their respective companies.
- Sponsored candidates must pass the written test conducted by selected IITs and NITs for pursuing M. Tech courses.
Admission Process for M.tech Courses
Applicants desiring admission without appearing for GATE should follow the below guidelines for admission into an M. Tech course with renowned institutes:
- Aspirants who fulfil the eligibility criteria for the desired institute should apply for an M. Tech course by visiting the admission portal of the respective institute.
- From time to time, applicants should visit the institute’s website for regular updates on the admission process. Applications are typically invited in January.
- All the applications are verified, and the merit list preparation starts once the applications’ last date is over.
- After the institute organises its admission test, cut-off lists and ranks are published.
- Subsequently, the counselling process commences for the eligible students, per the merit list.
- After counselling, the confirmed candidates are allotted seats in their respective institutes.
The next step is document verification, where the authorised officers of the institute verify all certificates and necessary documents submitted in person. After this, the admission is confirmed, and the students can join the institute when the session starts.
Fee Structure for M.tech Courses
The institute decides the fee structure, and the extra costs depend on various factors such as the institute’s location, ranking, total seats, hostel fees, food charges, etc. The admission fees for various IITs varies from INR 50,000 to INR 2,50,000.
Many other government/public institutes have a lower fee for their M. Tech batches. The fee is usually high for privately owned universities as these do not receive external aid from the government. Hostel and mess charges have to be paid additionally. All the charges, including the course fees and other expenses, are taken care of by the sponsored students. You can pay the fees of the entire course in various instalments per semester. Waivers and scholarships are also offered to eligible candidates and reserved candidates.
List of institutes for M.tech Courses
Different universities of national and international recognition offer admission to M. Tech without the GATE score.
The list of colleges that organise their entrance test or offer direct admissions to M. Tech courses without GATE is below.
- Annamacharya Institute of Technology & Sciences, Andhra Pradesh
- Dr DY Patil College of Engineering, Pune
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Aurora's Engineering College Andhra Pradesh
- Babasaheb Naik College of Engineering, Maharashtra
- Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi
- Pondicherry University
- Banaras Hindu University
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi
- Bapatla Engineering College, Andhra Pradesh
- Hyderabad University, Hyderabad
- University of Delhi
- Tezpur University
Admission Test for M.tech Courses
The most important reason for organising an admission test is to evaluate students’ aptitude, technical skill and knowledge depth. The detailed insight related to the M. Tech admission test for IIITs is provided as follows.
- IIITs organise an admission test for admissions in the M. Tech course.
- Many renowned state universities also conduct their separate admission tests to select meritorious students.
- Candidates who have already applied for the GATE exam can also take these admission tests.
The institutes that conduct an admission test for M. Tech courses without the need for a GATE scorecard are provided below.
Name of the Institute/ State
Name of the Entrance Exam
Andhra Pradesh M. Tech Admissions
Karnataka M. Tech Admissions
Telangana M. Tech Admissions
IIIT Bhubaneswar M. Tech Entrance Exam
IIIT Delhi M. Tech Entrance Exam
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Admission to IITs and NITs without GATE
Many students' dreams of getting admission in IITs and NITs get shattered due to the fierce competition. However, there are other options to get admission in prestigious IITs and NITs without clearing GATE exams. The possible options are listed as follows:
- Sponsored Candidates
Suppose a current professional has work experience of more than three years, and their company allows him to complete higher studies. In that case, they can take admission under the category of sponsored students. A small number of seats are filled in this category in different IITs and NITs.
- Quality Improvement Program
The quality Improvement Program (QIP) is a flagship program started by the Government of India to enhance the skills and knowledge of professors and faculties in colleges in different regions across the country by offering them top-notch technical courses in India’s top-most engineering institutes. Professors with more than three years of experience can apply for admission in M. Tech courses under this program.
Admission to Private and Deemed Universities
The admission in private deemed universities or privately owned universities in M. Tech courses without GATE is explained as follows:
- Students who have a sound financial background can apply to pursue M. Tech courses in privately owned universities or deemed universities.
- Different renowned private universities across the country offer masters courses with different specialisations. The admission process includes a written test which is followed by a personal interview. The admission process is simple, but these institutes charge high fees.
Though cracking GATE is the most popular way of enrolling in the M. Tech courses in India, it is clear that there are other ways to get admitted to M. Tech courses. A student from IIT can get admission in M. Tech without appearing in GATE provided he/she maintains his CGPA above 8. Working professionals with more than three years of work experience can join M. Tech courses as sponsored candidates.
The admission process comprises merit list preparation, counselling, document verification etc. The fee for technical post-graduation courses ranges from INR 50,000 to INR 2,50,000, depending on the institute. Apart from GATE, many institutes hold separate entrance tests for M. Tech courses, which serve as an option for students who want to pursue M. Tech without GATE. Private universities are an option for students with good financial standing. Overall, with complete awareness and genuine efforts in the right direction, one can fulfil the dream of pursuing an M. Tech without a GATE.
- Expert exam day strategy to crack GATE Exam
- How to use Virtual Calculator for GATE 2022
- Topper's strategy for GATE Exam preparation
If you aim to crack GATE & ESE, Other PSU Exams, then you must try Gradeup Super to get unlimited access to all the live structured courses and unlimited mock tests from the following links given below :
- ESE and GATE CE Super (25+ LIVE Courses and 150+ Mock Tests)
- ESE and GATE ME Super (24+ LIVE Courses and 160+ Mock Tests)
- ESE and GATE ECE Super (24+ LIVE Courses and 150+ Mock Tests)
- ESE and GATE EE Super (25+ LIVE Courses and 190+ Mock Tests)
- GATE CSE Super (21+ LIVE Courses and 100+ Mock Tests)
If you have any queries, feel free to drop a comment below. We will definitely help you out in every manner.
Sahi Prep Hai To Life Set Hai.