Let us first check the numerical ability exam pattern in the RBI Office Attendant exam.
RBI Office Attendant Exam Pattern
Number of questions: 30
Maximum Marks: 30
Sectional Time: No
Composite timing of 90 Minutes
Read here the full RBI Office Attendant Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Numerical Ability Topics to be covered for RBI Office Attendant 2021 Exam
Check the important and must-do topics for RBI OA exam with the expected number of questions. Make a schedule and follow it daily to cover up all the syllabus with mock-based revision.
Data Interpretation (Tabular, Pie, Line, Caselet, and Bar graph)
Quantity Based Problems
Arithmetic Questions including
Tips & Tricks to Score Maximum Marks in Quant Section
Now, let us have a look at the important tips and tricks to help you score maximum marks in the quant section.
- As there is no sectional timing you need to have a very clear time division for this section. This exam will be a test of speed, accuracy and time management. As the section is calculative and may involve complex calculations try to attempt 20+ questions in this section.
- If you are unable to solve any particular question in 45-50 seconds, it would be better to skip it initially, as you have to solve the questions of other sections also. Rather than wasting your time on complex questions try to pick and solve doable questions.
- As you are appearing for the RBI OA exam, you can not rely on a certain or specific topic/chapter. Check the previous year papers, cut off and other details. You will get a clear idea of how many questions you should attempt.
- Your calculation speed will play a crucial role in determining your numerical ability score in this exam. So, pay proper attention to improving your calculation speed.
1. Tips to Prepare Simplification/Approximation
Questions from this topic are usually easy but sometimes calculative. Practice a lot of questions based on the BODMAS rule. Go through the concepts diligently. You can easily score full marks in this section if you are good at calculation. Learn cube roots, square roots and tables to solve the equations easily and in no time.
How to solve Simplification/ Approximation
2. Tips to Prepare Number Series
You must recognize or find the pattern of the series. It could be wrong or missing number series. Wrong number series are usually a bit difficult than missing number series. Practice questions on number series on a daily basis to learn more about the patterns, If you are able to find the pattern of the series in first 30-45 seconds process with the question else picks the next question.
Candidates must note that these questions are usually based on basic arithmetic operations or their combination.
Number series are less time-consuming and at the same time fetch you more marks, All you need to be attentive while solving questions on Missing or Wrong number series. Go through the link below to find more details on the Number series.
3. Tips to Prepare Data Interpretation
Data interpretation is the most important topic in the banking exam. There is various type of DI like a line graph, bar graph, pie chart, tabular, etc. A number of variations in the type of questions of these DI have been observed over the past few years. Rigorous practise and basic knowledge of the Miscellaneous topics can help you score good marks in this section. Good Calculation speed and time management skills can be very helpful in this part.
DI Basics, Pie Chart, Table Chart, Bar Graph, Line Graph, Mixed Graph, Missing D.I
4. Miscellaneous Arithmetic Questions
We have shared the topics asked under this segment above. To score better in the miscellaneous sections, it is important that you have a clear understanding of the concepts and approach to solving these questions. Revise the formulas used in different topics properly and make sure that you attempt questions based on their application.
Concluding, we would just like to add that no matter how much you mug up the short tricks or formulas of different topics unless you practice questions based on them thoroughly, they will be of no use in e the am. So, Practice! Because that is the only way to excel in this section!
Quantitative Aptitude Quizzes: After clearing your basic concepts, you can practice quizzes of different topics from the given link given.
Click here to check more study notes of the Numerical Ability section
This was all about the numerical ability section strategy to score maximum marks in this section. In case of any doubt, feel free to contact us below in the comment section.
All the best for your exam!
Sahi prep hai toh life set hai.
Commentswrite a comment