How to Crack IBPS PO 2022 Without Coaching?
IBPS PO is one of the most attractive and lucrative career options in Banking. It has got many advantages and allowances the same as that of any other government job like job security, allowances, salary, and many more. No wonder many aspirants apply for these exams every year. As the number of aspirants is ever increasing, it becomes of utmost importance to have a strategy to crack IBPS PO without coaching.
To crack the IBPS PO 2022 exam, students need to prepare really well for this exam. Many aspirants join classes/coachings in preparation for IBPS PO, but joining these classes might not be feasible for many students. There can be many reasons like financial issues or far away coachings from their home, etc.
To help you out concerning this issue, we are here sharing some important points and ways that will help you to crack IBPS PO Exam 2022 without going to any coaching and with just self-study.
Learn the IBPS PO Exam Pattern
- The first and foremost thing is to know the IBPS PO exam pattern.
- We are sharing here the exam pattern of IBPS prelims and the main exam 2022.
- Study and understand the exam pattern completely and then create a self-study plan accordingly.
IBPS PO Preliminary Exam Pattern:
- There are three sections in the Prelim exam.
- English Language
- Reasoning Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- There is a sectional timing of 20 mins each section in the Prelims phase of the exam.
- As the Prelims is only qualifying in nature, the marks secured in Phase I (Prelims Exam) will not be considered for the purpose of final selection.
The pattern of the prelims exam of IBPS PO is as follows-
|Name of test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 Minutes|
|English Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern:
- The Main exam of IBPS PO consists of 2 exams, they are:
- Objective Paper
- Descriptive Paper
- There is a sectional timer in the main as well.
- The number secured in the main exam is considered while making the merit list.
The Main exam of IBPS PO will have the given exam pattern -
|S. No.||Name of Test (Not by Sequence)||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allotted for each section|
|1.||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2.||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|3.||Data Interpretation & Analysis||35||60||45 minutes|
|4.||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|Descriptive Test (English Language): Letter & Essay Writing)||2||25||30 minutes|
Self-Study is the Key For IBPS PO
There are many advantages of self-study. Here we are discussing some of the merits of self-study over joining some coaching.
- The student can make his/her own timetable and can adjust the time allotted to each subject as per his/her comfort.
- Self-study is more beneficial as while finding solutions to his/her queries, students come across many other doubts that are asked by other students. This further helps in clearing the concepts.
- As the top priority of all the coachings is to finish the syllabus within time, in doing so they often miss many small things which might be asked in the exam. So when a student prepares on his own, he might find all the macro and mini concepts while looking for solutions to queries over the internet.
- It saves your precious time that is spent commuting i.e. time spent going and coming from coaching. Considering that time is the most precious thing in a student's life, save this time and devote it to your studies.
- You can refer to as many different books as you can. There is no limitation in studying the material. You do not have to depend on coaching's study notes.
- There are a number of teachers active on Youtube and other social media platforms providing free-of-cost video lectures and pdfs of all the subjects. Here you have the liberty to follow any teacher of your choice. Follow a teacher who makes you understand topics well and have a good grasp of subjects.
- Self-study will help you cover every single topic from every perspective as compared to any coaching. In this way, you will have a strong foundation of basic concepts which will help you in the longer run.
- There are many small concepts that nowadays the examiner frequently asks to check your IQ. In coaching, they do not pay attention to these small concepts because there they have the pressure of completing the syllabus on time.
Convenient Time-Table For IBPS PO
- While you are preparing for your exam on your own, you have the freedom to make your own timetable.
- Make such a timetable that covers all the sections as nowadays totally unexpected exam patterns are seen.
- You do not have to follow any coaching timetable, make time table as per your ease. There are many students who prefer to study from at late night till early morning, whereas there are students who prefer to study in the early morning.
- Self-made notes are much better as compared to the notes provided in coaching.
Study Plan Before the IBPS PO Prelims exam:
- Start preparing for the General Awareness section right from the beginning. Do not wait for the prelims result. Build a habit of daily reading newspapers and jolting down new and important news.
- Prepare well Banking Awareness, Static Awareness, and Daily Current Affairs.
- Practice scoring topics like number series, quadratic equations, simplification, approximation, seating arrangements and puzzles, syllogism, direction-sense, alphanumeric series, cloze test, para jumbles, reading comprehension, fill-in-the-blanks, etc. These are some of the topics that you must practice vigorously because these topics are all easy and scoring.
- Practice sectional tests on a daily basis and analyze your preparation.
Study Plan After the IBPS PO Prelims exam:
- Along with the above-mentioned topics, start practicing remaining topics like all types of Data Interpretations, Arithmetic questions, high-level puzzles, seating arrangements, newspaper-based reading comprehension, previous year's papers, etc.
- Practice full-length mocks and check your preparation level among your peers. Give a minimum of 1 full-length mock/day.
- Prepare current affairs/Static GK/ Banking GK, etc of the past 6 months from the day of the exam(as stated earlier, we advise you to prepare these topics from the day the notification is out but if you haven't then start preparing as soon as the preliminary exam gets over.
Study Plan After the IBPS PO Mains Exam:
- After your main exam gets over, start preparing for the interview round.
- There are a number of videos on the internet, where you can see and learn all the important things regarding the interview.
- Be aware of all the happenings around you, read articles from different sources, and develop a self-opinion such that you can express yourself in a better way in front of interviewers.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all the information of your native place like the chief minister, governor, historically important places, famous things about the place, etc.
- Pick any one hot topic of discussion from the newspaper or news channel, develop your own views, practice, and recite it in front of the mirror. This will boost your confidence.
If you are aiming to clear the IBPS PO 2022 exam, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.