Some Significant Points Related to NDA 2022 Exam
- The NDA Written Test is categorized into two sections: Section A (includes Mathematics) and Section B (includes General Ability Test)
- Both the sections will be in English and also in Hindi.
- The General Ability Test comprises of two sub-sections: English & General Knowledge.
- Mathematics section: 120 questions carrying a total of 300 marks
- General Ability Test section: 150 questions carrying a total of 600 marks (i.e. 200 marks for English & 400 marks for General Knowledge)
NDA Marking Scheme For Mathematics Section
NDA Marking Scheme For General Ability Test Section
The English section of the GAT (General Ability Test) comprises 50 questions carrying a total of 200 marks. The GK (General Knowledge) section consists of 100 questions carrying a total of 400 marks.
Important Tips to Avoid Negative Marking in NDA Exam
1. Practice is very much required
- To avoid negative marking, the candidate has to be good at his preparation.
- By solving questions using shortcuts, especially for the Mathematics section, helps the aspirants in saving valuable time.
- The saved time also enables the candidates in allotting more time to solving the difficult level questions & arriving at the right answer.
2. Avoid Guessing in the Exam
- We are all aware of the fact that success is nothing but 99 percent hard work and 1 percent of luck only.
- So in order to avoid guessing in one’s examination. Just attempt only those questions where one is sure about the correct answer.
- The guessing will decrease one’s marks due to negative marking which is -.83 (minus 83) in the Mathematics section and –1.33 (minus 1.33) in the General Ability Test.
3. Read Every Question Carefully
- Sometimes because of nervousness & panic, we do not clearly read the question & marks or select the wrong option;
- So it is better to carefully read the question twice instead of marking the wrong option.
4. Avoid Wastage of Time
- Do not get adhere or stick to one question if one is not able to solve the question.
- The wastage of time on a single question is of no use. Hence, it is better to leave that particular question & move to the next.
- Accuracy is more significant than the total number of questions attempted. So try to solve those sections where one is assured of being correct. In the end, if the candidate is left with time, then one can take a calculated risk with his understanding.
5. Solve Easier Questions First
- The questions are categorized into three levels: Easy, Medium & Difficult. Thus, it is suggested to solve the easier sections of questions first. It will make one’s confident and even gives him the idea of how much more one needs to attempt.
6. Take Help of Mock Tests
- The test series & mock test papers that are available online within the time limit will also help you to know the pattern and even record one’s progress which helps to identify his mistakes too.
- As the aspirants have to mark the answers in the OMR sheets, just try to prevent eliminating or overwriting an answer which one has already marked. Else, it will be calculated as incorrect and resulting in negative marks.
If candidates follow the above-mentioned tips before & during the time of examination, they will surely reduce the negative marks. Just stay confident & relax while attempting the question paper which will be valuable.
Zero to Hero Series covers the most important concepts for Defence Exam and also comes with its own Section wise Quiz session which will make you exam ready. These Free Classes will be live everyday at 7PM on Byju’s Exam Prep App only. These free of cost classes on Most Important concepts of Math & Science.
Zero to Hero Series for NDA 2022 Comes with
- Live Conceptual classes
- Downloadable PDFs of each session
- Section-wise quiz to ensure all round preparation
Download the schedule of Zero to Hero for NDA 2022 by clicking here
“Math & Science are the deciding factors which determine the chances of a student to clear the Cut-off for NDA Exam and the recent trend suggests the Cut-off is on the increasing trend which only suggests that no stones can be left unturned while preparing for NDA 2022 Exam” Said Sanjeev sir who will be one of the hosts for our Zero to Hero Series for NDA 2022 Exam.
This Free series will run over the span of 40 days covering 1 important topic each day at 7PM, LIVE.
Click Here to Watch Zero to Hero Classes
- NDA Study Material 2022: Download Study Notes PDF in Hindi & Eng.
- Important Science Questions for NDA 2022
More from us.
Commentswrite a comment