Tiers in SSC CHSL
The SSC CHSL selection process consists of three steps that candidates must pass in order to land their ideal position in government organisations. Candidates should review the entire SSC CHSL selection process 2022 in order to set goals and better prepare for the exam as Tier 1 of the SSC CHSL exam is approaching. The SSC CHSL recruitment procedure has three Tiers or stages, which are as follows:
- Tier 1: Online Computer-Based Test
- Tier 2: Descriptive Paper
- Tier 3: Skill Test
What is Tier 1 in SSC CHSL
Here are some crucial details about the SSC CHSL Tier 1 selection process:
- SSC CHSL Tier 1 is an objective type examination that is of 200 marks.
- There are 4 subjects included in the Tier 1 exam namely Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness.
- There are 100 questions asked in the examination of 2 marks each where there are 0.5 marks for every wrong answer.
- The time duration of the examination is 60 mins.
- Questions will be given in both English and Hindi language both except for the English Section Questions.
SSC CHSL selection process for Tier 1 is as follows:
What is Tier 2 in SSC CHSL
When a candidate passes the Tier 1 exam, the SSC CHSL selection process moves on to a descriptive paper that is administered using pen and paper. Candidates who get the minimum SSC CHSL cutoff marks in the Tier 1 exam will be eligible to take Tier 2 exam. The following are some critical details about the SSC CHSL Tier 2 selection process:
The pattern for the descriptive test is as follows:
Essay and Letter or Application
Pen and Paper mode
What is Tier 3 in SSC CHSL
For the SSC CHSL skill test/typing exam, the Commission will provide computers for the shortlisted candidates to use. The exam centre of the skill test and typing test will be decided by the Commission. SSC CHSL Typing Speed tests are often held in the sites of the Commission's regional offices. The Skill Test will calculate errors to a maximum of two decimal places. The SSC CHSL typing test will be administered in either Hindi or English. Candidates must indicate whether Hindi or English is their preferred language for the typing exam on the online application form. The Typing Test will be chosen by the candidate, and changes to the Typing Test's medium subsequently won't be accepted.
Skill Test/ Typing Test will be conducted as per the following scheme based on the post:
|SSC CHSL Posts||SSC CHSL Tier-III Exam|
|Data Entry Operator (DEO)||Skill Test|
|Lower Division Clerk (LDC) and Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)||Typing Test|
The other relevant information regarding the SSC CHSL Tier 3 is as follows:
Skill Test (Data Entry Operator)
A sheet containing 2000-2200 strokes would be offered. The candidates are required to enter it on a computer at a speed of 8, 000 key depressions an hour.
Is Tier 3 Compulsory in SSC CHSL
Yes, SSC CHSL Tier 3 is compulsory in nature. The SSC CHSL Typing Speed Test is in fact, a qualifying exam. There are no candidates who are excused from taking the skill test. The final round of the SSC CHSL selection procedure requires candidates who passed the typing speed test to show up for document verification.
For more assistance on SSC CHSL Tier 3 exam candidates can check out the following links:
- SSC CHSL Typing Test Instruction official PDF link
- SSC CHSL Typing Test Evaluation Guidelines
- SSC CHSL Skill/Typing Test Official Demo Video Link (English)
- SSC CHSL Skill/Typing Test Official Demo Video Link (Hindi)
All The Best !!!
DREAM, STRIVE & SUCCEED With US!
Prepare for SSC CGL 2022 with Our Latest Batch
3 Crore+ Registered Aspirants | 2.5 Crore Downloads | 50,000+ Selections