Election of Vidhan Parishad Members
The Vidhan Parishad's actual size is equal to or less than the total number of members of the State Legislative Assembly. Perhaps it is subject to the condition that the Vidhan Parishad have at least 40 members. We have included some information about the Vidhan Parishad election process below. It will assist you in better understanding it.
- Members of the state's local bodies, such as district boards, municipalities, Panchayat Samitis, and Gram Panchayat, elect 1/3 members to the Vidhan Parishad.
- Members of the State Legislative Assembly elect 1/3 members from among the outside members of the State Legislative Council.
- 1/12 of the council members are elected by three-year graduates and long-term residents of the state.
- 1/12 of the members are teachers with at least three years of teaching experience (not less than secondary schools within the state).
- The Governor appoints 1/6 members from among those who have a strong interest in the arts, science, literature, social work, and operative movements.