In Latin, the word flora means "Goddess of the Flower." The term "flora" refers to a group of plants found in a specific area. This name embodies the entire plant kingdom.
Flora is categorized and distinguished depending on a wide range of variables. The place where they grow or are located is the best among them. Some are found in hilly areas, some grow in water or desert environments, and some are indigenous to a particular region.
A region's native animal population is known as its flora. There are numerous explanations about the word's etymology. Fauna or "Faunus" is the name of the fertility goddess in Roman mythology. "Fauns," which means "Forest spirits," is another source.
How Have Human Activities Affected the Depletion of Flora and Fauna? Explain
Many species are extinct as a result of human actions including poaching and hunting for the illicit trade in horns, teeth, bones, tusks, animal skin, etc.
- What is the Shape of the Earth
- An Electron Moving With a Velocity of 5 10 4ms 1 Enters Into a Uniform Electric Field and Acquires...
- 1 Gm of Magnesium is Burnt With 0 56gm of O2 in a Closed Vessel Which Reactant is Left in Excess and How Much
- A Car Traveling at 20 Kmh Speeds Up to 60 Kmh in 6 Seconds What is Its Acceleration in Ms2
- A Pole Has to Be Erected at a Point on the Boundary of a Circular Park of Diameter 13 Metres in Such...
- A Shopkeeper Earns a Profit of Rs 1 by Selling One Pen and Incurs a Loss of 40 Paise by Selling..