Step 3: Divide the reactions of reduction and oxidation.
Write the couplets for reduction and oxidation.
Reduction: Since hydrogen's oxidation state moves from +1 in hydrochloric acid to 0 in hydrogen gas, the reaction is a half-reaction in reduction.
HCl → H2
A half-reaction of oxidation occurs when the oxidation state of aluminium moves from 0 in the metal state to +3 in the trichloride form of aluminium.
Al → AlCl3
Step 4: Balancing all atoms except Hydrogen and Oxygen.
All elements, save Hydrogen and Oxygen, should be in balance. Multiplying HCl by 3 will balance the chlorine atoms on either side.
The reaction is,
Al(s) + 3HCl(l) → AlCl3 (s) + H2(g)
Aluminium Hydrochloric acid Aluminium chloride Hydrogen
Step 5: Balancing of Oxygen and Hydrogen.
Balance the Hydrogen atoms.
To balance the Hydrogen atom multiply Al and AlCl3 by 2, H2 by 3, and HCl by 2
Hence, Al(s) + 3HCl(l) → AlCl3 (s) + H2(g) is the balanced reaction
How do you Balance the Equation Al(s) + HCl(l) → AlCl3 (s) + H2(g)?
The balanced chemical reaction of Al(s) + HCl(l) → AlCl3 (s) + H2(g) is Al(s) + 3HCl(l) → AlCl3 (s) + H2(g)
- Mention the Hazards of Working in the Glass Bangles Industry
- What is Sa Node and Av Node Where Are They Located What Are Their Functions
- What is the Functions of Salivary Glands
- Why Should Magnesium Ribbon Be Cleaned Before Burning in Air
- A Light Ray Enters From Medium a to Medium B as Shown in Figure the Refractive Index of Medium B Relative to a Will Be
- The Numerical Ratio of Displacement to Distance for a Moving Object is
Commentswrite a comment