Industries pollute the environment through Air pollution, water pollution, land pollution, thermal pollution and noise pollution
So, let’s discuss the various ways in which industries pollute the environment in detail.
- Air pollution - Industries pollute the air by releasing harmful gases that are produced while creating raw materials. This leads to contamination of air and a decrease in the air quality. Air pollution also has major long-term health hazards. Air pollution can also cause acid rain, which also leads to soil and water pollution.
- Water pollution - Industries are responsible for discharging inorganic and organic industrial wastes into the water bodies like rivers and lakes, that have led to the increase in water pollution and loss of aquatic life.
- Land pollution - Industries that produce waste materials like plastic and glass as well as other solids that are non-biodegradable, pollute the soil and cause land pollution.
- Thermal pollution - When industries release hot water into river bodies without cooling it, they cause thermal pollution, which affects aquatic life to a major extent.
- Noise pollution - Industrial work typically causes a lot of noise which can lead to an increase in stress and other health issues in humans such as blood pressure problems and heart diseases.
How Do Industries Pollute the Environment?
Industries pollute the environment in various ways, including air pollution, noise pollution, water pollution, thermal pollution and land pollution. In order to save the earth and its population from climate change and global warming, industries will have to take serious measures to reduce the amount of pollution and their carbon footprint to a great extent.
☛ Related Questions: