Health Minister of Maharashtra
- Maharashtra's achievements in the health scenario are on par with developed countries, and Maharashtra tops the performance in completing Millennium Development Goals. The state has an adequate health standard with low birth and death rates, rapidly declining growth rates, high acceptance of family planning methods, and increased life expectancy.
- The Ministry of Public Health is a Maharashtra Governmental body responsible for the oversight of public health in the state. A cabinet-level minister heads the Ministry & Rajesh Tope is the current Minister of Public Health.
- Rajendra Patil is the current Minister of State for Public Health.
- The health minister is responsible for the prevention, control, and management of endemic and epidemic diseases, health promotion, management of all primary health institutions in the state's rural and urban areas, and implementation of the Births and Deaths Act.
Current Health Minister of Maharashtra
- Rajesh Tope is a Maharashtrian politician and member of the NCP party. Rajesh Tope won the 'Ghansawangi' constituency in the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly election 2019. This is his third time as a constituency member, while before that, he was a two-time MLA from Ambad constituency Maharashtra Legislative Assembly MLA.
- He is currently acting as the Health Minister of Maharashtra.
Brief introduction of Rajesh Tope
- Date of birth: January 11, 1969
- Place of birth: Patharwala Khurd, Tal. Ambad, Dist. Jalna
- Father's name: Ankushrao Tope
- Mother's name: Sharadatai Tope
- Wife's name: Manisha Rajesh Tope
- Children: 'Aakash', 'Disha'
- Education: BE Mechanical Engineering
- Party: Nationalist Congress
- Political career: NCP MLA from Ambad and Ghansawangi constituencies five times during 1999-2019.
To know more about the topic, click here to download:
To access the content in Marathi, click here:
More From Us: