General Knowledge of Haryana is very important for Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test. Many Students are demanding Haryana GK notes, so here we are starting Haryana Special Series for HTET Exam. In this series, we will be covered all important notes related to Haryana state General Knowledge.
Important Facts of Haryana:
- The meaning of the word Haryana is Forest land of Hari. The earliest reference to 'Hariana' occurs in a Sanskrit inscription dated 1328 AD kept in Delhi Museum, which refers to this region as The heaven on earth, indicating that it was fertile and relatively peaceful at that time.
- Haryana is the 20th state of India carved out from Punjab in 1966
- Haryana borders 5 states (Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan)
- It surrounds the National Capital from its 3 sides.
- Haryana is home to the largest number of Rural Crorepatis in India.
- Hindi is the official language of the state.
- There is a total of 22 districts in the state and 6 divisions.
- Rohtak is the largest division in terms of its area
- It is the 17th largest populated state in India with a total population of 2.5421 crores
- The Population Density of the state is 577
- The Sex Ratio of the state in 877 (2011 census), was the worst among all states in India
- Child Sex Ratio is 950 girl child for every 1000 male children.
- It is the 20th largest state in India in terms of its area – 44,211 square km.
- The literacy rate of the state is 75.5%. it ranks 15 among all states in terms of education.
- It has the second highest per capita income in the country and it is one of the wealthier states in India.
- Bhiwani district is the largest district in terms of area.
- Smallest district – Panchkula
- Biggest Village – Sisai, Hisar district
- Richest Village – Wazirabad, Gurugram
- Largest Railway station – Rewari Junction
- Biggest Bus Station - Jhajjar
- Faridabad is the largest city in the state.
- The district with the highest population in Faridabad.
- Haryana is the first state in India to achieve 100 % rural electrification.
- Haryana contributes to the maximum export of Basmati rice in India.
- State Bird – Black Francolin
- State Tree – Peepal
- State Flower – Lotus
- State Animal – BlackBuck
- Karoh Peak is the highest peak in the state.
- The only river which flows through this state is Ghaggar.
- The battles from Mahabharat to Panipat were fought in this land.
- Nizampur-Narnaul-Mohindergarh-Dadri-Bhiwani-Hansi-Barwala-Tohana-Munak is the longest state highway in Haryana.
- Damdama Lake is the largest lake in Haryana
- Bhakra Dam is the highest dam in Haryana
- 22nd District- Charkhi Dadri
Freedom Fighters: Sir Chhotu Ram; Dharam Singh Hayatpur; Ganga Singh Gurjar; Ranbir Singh Hooda; Tula Ram;
Sports Personalities: Vijender Singh (Boxing); Kapil Dev (Cricket); Virender Sehwag (Cricket);
Sandeep Singh (Hockey); Savita Punia (Hockey); Sakshi Malik (Wrestling); Yogeshwar Dutt (Wrestling);
Politicians: Bansi Lal (former Chief Minister); Bhupinder Singh Hooda (former CM); Sushma Swaraj (Union Minister of External Affairs), Aravind Kejriwal (Chief Minister of Delhi).
Others: Kalpana Chawla (Astronaut); Nek Chand Saini (Art & Architecture); Shekhar Guera (Editorial Cartoonist); Murari Lal Sharma (writer); Baba Ramdev (Yoga Guru).
- Primary School: 13111
- Middle School: 3660
- High School: 3324
- Senior Secondary School: 2667
- Colleges: 680
- Universities: 23
- Medical Institution: 5
- Vocational Educational Institute: 213
- Primary Health Centre: 441
- Hospital/Community Health Centre: 164
- Per capita allocation of expenditure on health and medical facilities: 490.28
- HUMAN DEVELOPMENT INDEX: 0.644(medium); HDI Rank: 17th
Gross State Domestic Product (GDSP)
- Contributes 3.6 % to India’s GDP
- At constant prices – Rs. 165385.26
- At current prices – Rs, 257792.62
- Growth Rate – 13 %
Net State Domestic Product:
- At constant prices – Rs. 149568.01
- At current prices – Rs. 23309.7
Per Capita Income :
- At constant prices - Rs. 59188
- At current prices – Rs. 92327
FDI: inflow – US dollar 70 billion (between 2000 to July 2017)
Other Important Facts:
- Food grains production – 166.29 lakh tones ( wheat – 116; rice – 52; Sugarcane – 60; Oilseeds – 10, etc)
- Consumption of Fertilizers – 13.6 lakh tones
- Rohtak is the largest wholesale cloth market in Asia
- Number of tractors – 2.63 lakhs
- Sugar mills -11
- Primary land development Banks – 19
- of primary cooperative marketing societies – 71
- Fair Price Shops – 9375
- Wheat procured – 68.91 lakh tonnes
- Paddy procured – 28.82 tonnes
- Villages electrified – 6764
- Installed capacity – 3.7 GW
- Per capita power consumption – 941 KWH
- First in the country to link all villages with all-weather roads
- First in the country to provide safe drinking water facilities throughout the state
- Length of metalled roads – 38,499 km
- Villages connected by metalled Roads – 6764 km
- It was the first State in the country to introduce luxury video coaches.
- Fleet strength of roadways – 3469
- Area irrigated by canals – 20.82 lakh hectares
- of tube wells and pumping sets – 6.97 lakh
- of Sprinkler sets – 119289
- Haryana is India’s largest manufacturer of automobiles.
- MSMEs – 82248 (registered)
- Large and medium scale units – 1357
- Exports – Rs. 44,250 crore
- of Tourism Complexes – 43
- of Tourists visiting in a year – 31 lakh (app.)
Commentswrite a comment