Below, we have provided the details for GSET 2021 for important dates, eligibility criteria, selection process, and application fee details of the exam here. The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda acts as State Agency for the Gujarat State and conducts the Gujrat State Eligibility Test (GSET) for Assistant Professorship. This is a state-level Eligibility test for Assistant Professor in Gujarat Universities and Colleges.
GSET 2021 Notification: Important Dates
As per the public notice released here are the important dates of the exam of GSET 2021:
Name of the Event
GSET Official Notification
21st June 2021
GSET Online Application begins
21st June 2021
GSET Last date for submission of online application
31st July 2021
GSET Application fee
General- 900/; SC / ST / Transgender Candidates : 700/-; PWD(PH/VH) Candidates : 100/-
GSET Exam Date 2021
26th December 2021 (Tentative)
GSET Exam Admit card 2021
To be announced
GSET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for GSET Exam: Below we have given the eligibility criteria for applying online
- A candidate must possess a Master’s degree in the relevant subject to apply for this exam.
- Candidates must have 55% marks in Masters.
- A relaxation of 5 % is provided to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC and PWD category students.
- A relaxation of 5% shall be provided, (from 55% to 50% of the marks) to the PhD. Degree holders who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19 September 1991.
- Final Year Students can also appear for this exam, subject to the fact that they complete their eligibility criteria after the completion of their Masters.
- The candidates of other States, i.e. other than Gujarat State, belonging to the reserved category shall be treated as General category candidates.
- Candidates are required to send neither any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor print out of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to the GSET office.
- There is No Upper age limit to apply for the GSET examination.
GSET EXAM 2021 Online Application Form
There are two parts to the application process.
Step 1 - Pay Examination Fee
- Candidates must first visit the official website of GSET-www.gujaratset.ac.in to pay the fee. Exam fees and management fees, including Goods and Services Tax (GST), can only be paid by debit card/credit card/internet banking or UPI via online mode.
- Candidates must follow the on-screen instructions to pay the required GSET 2021 fees and must print the exam fee receipt generated after a successful transaction.
- Candidates must note and retain the order number and SBI e-pay reference ID to register the GSET 2021 application form online.
Step 2 - Register Online for GSET Examination
- Before applying for the GSET 2021 exam online, candidates must have a scanned passport-size colour photo in JPG format. The file size must not exceed 100 KB.
- The candidate must visit the GSET website again and provide the order number and SBI epay reference ID to log in to their personal information and complete the GSET 2021 application form by clicking the link "Apply online "below the candidate's login information.
- Candidates must carefully fill in the information on the online application form and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the application form. Please provide all your basic details such as name, subject, centre, category, physical or visual impairment, postal address, mobile phone number, email ID, and educational details such as year, graduation college, and CGPA / percentage earned.
- Please review all details before submitting the application form, as corrections cannot be made after submitting the application form.
- After is successfully submitted and confirmed, the candidate must make a hard copy of the correctly completed online GSET 2021 application form. Candidates must keep a hard copy of the application form for future reference.
GSET Exam Pattern 2021
Multiple Choice Questions
50 Questions - all Compulsory
(2 Marks each)
Total Duration - 3 Hours
100 Questions - all compulsory
(2 Marks each)
- Part-1 will be of a general nature and is designed to assess the candidate's teaching/research ability. It will be mainly used to evaluate the candidate's reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general consciousness. The file will contain 50 (fifty) multiple-choice questions (MCQ); each question will be worth 2 marks.
- Part-2 will contain 100 objective-type compulsory questions; each question has 2 marks, which will be based on the topic chosen by the candidate.
- There are no negative points for incorrect answers.
- The questions of both papers will appear in Gujarati and English (except in the subjects of language and science).
- Candidates must mark the answers to the Paper-I and Paper-II questions on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) paper provided with the test paper.
GSET Subjects and Syllabus 2021
|15||Library and Information Science|
|19||Computer Science and Application|
The syllabus for GSET Examination will be the same as UGC / CSIR NET. Syllabi for all Gujarat SET (GSET) subjects can be downloaded from the GSET Website www.gujaratset.in
We hope you all understood the process of filling the GSET EXAM 2021 application form.
All the best for your exams,
Team BYJU'S Exam Prep!