GSECL JE Selection Process 2022: Stage Wise
The selection process for the GSECL Junior Engineer (Vidyut Sahayak) will be on the basis of marks obtained in the written exam and subject to reservation rules, documents verification, and pre-employment medical examination. Given below is the stage-wise selection process for the GSECL JE selection process:
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Document Verification (DV)
- Pre-employment Medical Test
The selection of the candidates will be done strictly on the merit list. The first merit list will be released after CBT and the final one will include the names of the successful candidates who have qualified in CBT and verified and checked in Document Verification and Medical examination respectively by the corporation.
Note: There will be no interview conducted for the GSECL JE Exam selection process.
Check here GSECL JE Syllabus.
Let us discuss each stage of the GSECL JE Selection in detail below:
GSECL JE Selection Process for Computer Based Test (CBT)
The online CBT test is the first stage of the GSECL JE Selection process. The pointwise detail of CBT is given below:
- The CBT test will carry Objective type questions only.
- The online test question paper consists of 100 questions.
- The CBT exam is of 100 marks in total.
- There are five sections of the GSECL JE CBT Exam which are elaborated in the below table with their respective weightage.
- All the questions of I to IV sections will be set in English Language only except section V (Gujarati Language & Grammar).
- Each question of the paper will be of 1 mark if answered correctly and a negative marking of 1/4th per the wrong answer.
- In case of a large application received, the examination will be taken in multiple sessions, and marked will be normalized.
Gujarati Language & Grammar
GSECL JE Selection Process for Document Verification
The Document Verification is the second stage of the GSECL JE selection process. You will have to produce only original documents along with a photocopy of all the documents. In this round, the applicants have to furnish all the documents requested by the company for verification. The list of documents to be submitted by the online exam qualified candidates are as follows:
Documents Required for GSECL JE DV
- An online application form and two recent passport-size photographs must be attached to the space provided on the application form.
Certified copy by you
i. Drop-out Certificate
ii. All Mark-sheet for BE / B.Tech.
iii. A certificate from the Institute / University stating the percentage marks obtained in the credit rating system.
iv. Qualification Certificate
v. Caste (SC / ST / SEBC / EWS) / Disability Certificate issued by the Gujarat State Authority.
- In the case of SEBC candidates, the latest Non-Creamy Layer Certificate issued in Gujarati
- In the case of PwD applicants, a valid medical certificate is required. (Showing% Disability).
- In the case of Ex. For Armed Force personnel, the required certificate must be attached.
- Affidavit of fidelity of documents according to the attached proforma
- Affidavit in accordance with the attached proforma in the event of a trusted GUVNL retiree and subsidiary companies (Appendix-II)
- In the case of GUVNL and Subsidiary Retirement Employees Companies, Relieving Order or Certificate issued to the employee must be attached
- In the case of widowed applicants, the death certificate of the husband and the promise that the applicant is no longer married.
- NOC from current employer
- Domicile certificate in case the candidate is from Gujarat State.
- Proof of identification (Voting ID / Pan Card / Aadhar card/driver's license etc.)
- Proof of residential address (Electricity Bill / Telephone Bill / Balancing Card etc.)
- Any other valid certificate/document.
GSECL JE Selection Process for Medical Test
After the declaration of the provisional list, once the candidates are checked for document verification, they are invited for a subsequent medical check-up that includes basic tests required to check the fitness of the candidates like an eye test, ENT test, and X-ray, blood test, etc.
GSECL JE Qualifying Marks
You can avail of BYJU’S Exam Prep Online classroom program for all AE & JE Exams:
You can avail of BYJU’S Exam Prep Test series specially designed for all AE & JE Exams:
Team BYJU’S Exam Prep
Download BYJU’S Exam Prep APP, for the best Exam Preparation, Free Mock tests, Live Classes.