Answer: A. Reticulation system
Grid lorn system is also called as reticulation system.
Grid lorn system is also called as reticulation system or interlaced system. In the grid iron systems mains, sub-mains and branches are interconnected to each other.
Advantages of grid iron system:
- In case of repair of a particular portion of the network, a very small portion of the area gets affected.
- During an emergency situation like fire, water is available from many directions.
- In grid Iron system, there is no dead ends so, wastage of water does not take place
Disadvantages of grid iron system:
- Maintenance cost is high in grid iron system
- Number of reservoirs required is more in case of grid iron system because every zone requires a reservoir hence, the cost is more.
☛ Related Questions: