GPSC AE Selection Process 2021!! The recruitment notification for the GPSC AE 2021 is released for 344 vacancies for Civil and Mechanical branches in various departments of GPSC. However, to be appointed as GPSC AE all the candidates must be aware of the selection process. The GPSC AE 2021 Selection Process is defined by the officials of the GPSC in the notification. Aspirants need to crack two stages of the GPSC AE exam.
Below we have described the GPSC AE selection process in detail to help you understand both phases smoothly. Refer to this article to get each and every piece of information about the GPSC AE 2021 Selection Process.
GPSC AE Selection Process 2021
To get selected for the post of GPSC AE, candidates will need to go through two stages. It is necessary to qualify stage 1 to move to the next stage of the selection process and finally be appointed as GPSC Assistant Engineer.
Stage 1: GPSC AE Preliminary Exam
Stage 2: GPSC AE Interview
Now let us discuss each GPSC AE selection stage in detail below.
GPSC AE Selection Process for Prelims
The preliminary exam is the first stage of the selection process. The prelims exam is of 300 marks in total.
Here are a few key details regarding the primary stage of the GPSC AE Prelims selection process:
- This section is also divided into two sections namely General Studies and Concerned Discipline.
- Paper 1 of the first test contains questions from the standard 100 subject mark topic. There will be a total of 100 questions and 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Paper 2 of the first test is a related topic where questions will be asked in a special broadcast chosen by the baptism candidate. This section contains 200 questions for a total of 200 marks.
- The total duration of the initial test is 3 hours (180 minutes).
- The test will be Objective type in nature.
- The official notice says nothing about the negative marking, however, one should check the instructions carefully before appearing on the test.
- Under the eligibility program, 50% of the basic examination marks will be considered.
Given Below is the exam pattern of GPSC AE recruitment 2021
1. GPSC AE Paper 1: Topics from General Studies
- It contains 100 questions of 100 Marks
2. GPSC AE Paper-2: Concerned Subject Topics as per your qualification (Civil or Mechanical or Electrical)
- It contains 200 questions of 200 Marks
Marking Scheme for GPSC AE Exam:
- Correct answer: +1
- Incorrect answer: -1/3
- Not Attempted question: 0
|Subject||Questions||Marks||Duration of the exam|
GPSC AE Selection Process for Interview
The interview is the second and final stage of the GPSC AE selection process. In this round, the candidates will be tested on their knowledge of the field of education concerned. There is no clear syllabus for the discussion cycle, but the commission assesses the degree of the mental level of candidates. The GPSC AE interview is of 100 marks. Under the eligibility program, 50% of the rounded interview marks will be considered.
Applicants who have completed all the initial stages, i.e. Prelims and Interview will be assessed by a medical board. Candidates will be assessed all by various medical parameters to determine their suitability for employment. Lastly, a merit list will be released by GPSC on the basis of the written exam and interview.
Team BYJU'S Exam Prep
Sahi Prep Hai to Life Set Hai !!!
Most frequently asked questions on GPSC AE Selection 2021.