What is the Full Form of GPRS?
The GPRS full form in computer is General Packet Radio Service. It is based on the GSM network. Because of the ability to access the internet via wireless technology, GPRS is becoming increasingly popular. The user of a mobile phone with a sim card can access voice and internet services. Internet packets go from the device to the Internet Service Provider and vice versa when using the GPRS service. The features of GPRS are given below.
- It was a significant step in the direction of the third-generation network.
- This offers Dynamic TDMA.
- It eliminated the challenging dial-up method.
- It offers spectrum effectiveness.
GPRS Full Form in Hindi
जीपीआरएस का फुलफॉर्म जनरल पैकेट रेडियो सर्विस है। वहीं हिंदी में इसका अर्थ होता है कि, यह एक ऐसी service है, जो data को radio waves के माध्यम से transmit करने का काम करती है| इसलिए जीपीआरएस को JSM- IP के रूप में भी जाना जाता है, जो एक ग्लोबल- सिस्टम MOBILE कम्युनिकेशंस इंटरनेट प्रोटोकॉल है| इसके साथ ही यह इस प्रणाली के उपयोगकर्ताओं को ONLINE रखता है, यह वॉयस कॉल करने की अनुमति प्रदान करता है, और इंटरनेट का उपयोग करता है|
GPRS Full Form: History
In the middle of the 2000s, General Packet Radio Service (GPRS full form) achieved global communication reception. When GPRS was first released, one of the biggest oddities was its ability to seek connection to the Web from a phone entirely dependent on data networking, which is underappreciated in today's environment.
According to research in History, Bernhard Walke and his student Peter Decker were responsible for developing GPRS, the first technology that allowed for widespread mobile Internet access.
GPRS Full Form: Advantages
The full form of GPRS in computer is General Packet Radio Service. Compared to fixed telecommunication networks, GPRS offers faster data transfer rates. Its top speed, which is nearly three times faster than fixed-telecommunication speed, is 171.2 kbps. The advantages of GPRS are given below.
- It offers immediate connection and data transfer.
- It is quite economical.
- Even while moving, it may maintain continuity in voice.
- In comparison to the GSM Network, it offers less expensive communication services.
- There is no restriction on how long users may log in.
- GPRS allows users to obtain data regardless of their location.
- It has cutting-edge and better uses. It offers internet applications for mobile devices and makes Web browsing, IM messaging, and other online activities easier.
GPRS Full Form: Disadvantages
With the use of GPRS, connections may be made based on internet protocols, supporting a wide range of businesses and commercial applications. Along with the benefits of GPRS, there are various disadvantages of General Packet Radio Service (GPRS full form).
- For users, capacity is restricted.
- The actual speed is less than expected.
- Receiving GPRS calls while utilizing the GPRS Network is challenging.
|Other Important GATE Topics|
|IES Full Form||GATE Full Form|
|ISRO Full Form||BHEL Full Form|
|RSA Full Form||LASER Full Form|
|RTC Full Form||UNIX Full Form|