FCI AG III General Salary, Job Profile & Career Prospects: FCI is one of the largest public sector undertakings dealing with food grains supply chain management. The main purpose behind the establishment of FCI is to provide Minimum Support Price(MSP) to farmers, Stabilize rate of food grains in open market, maintenance of buffer stocks to meet emergencies.
Recently, The Food Corporation of India released 4000+ vacancies for multiple posts such as Junior Engineer, AG (III) General, AG (III) Accountant, AG (III) Depot, AG (III) Hindi, Typist etc. Out of the above-mentioned posts, many aspirants are interested to apply for AG (III) General post. Before you register for this post, it is necessary to go through its work profile & career aspects. Let us get started!!
FCI AG III General Salary, Job Profile & Career Prospects
FCI Work Profile
AG III GENERAL in FCI is the beginning level clerical grade post. The routine duties are as follows:
- Drafting Letters
- Dispatch of mails
- Maintaining Casual Leave Account
- Making entries in Registers
- Recording movements of files
- Communicating work allocations to employees
- Re-structuring outgoing mails.
- Preparing Identity cards for employees
- Uploading Entries in Service Book
*Basic pay: 9300
X Class City:- 2790
Y Class City:- 1860
Z Class City:- 930
*Lunch Subsidy: 300
*X Class City:- 22,210
*Y Class City:- 21,280
*Z Class City:- 20,350
TOTAL DEDUCTION: 2300
- Benevolent Fund Recovery
- CPF Deduction
- Medical Health Scheme Deduction
- Employees Fund Contributory
- Social security Scheme
*X Class City:- 19,910
*Y Class City:- 18,980
*Z Class City:- 18,050
Unlike the PSU jobs, there are no departmental exams being undertaken in FCI. Promotions are purely on seniority basis. Promotions hierarchy is as follows:-
- It might take a minimum of 3 years to get promoted from AG III GENERAL to AG II GENERAL.
- Then again a minimum of 3 years of service to become AG I GENERAL.
- After 4-5 years of service, AG I General is promoted to Manager.
- Manager becomes Assistant General Manager.
- Assistant General Manager becomes Deputy General Manager
- And lastly, Deputy General Manager becomes General Manager
Some of the perks are mentioned below:
- Gets extra allowances for over time.
- Stable life, widespread network of offices.
- Easy leave sanctions.
- No public relations.
- Secure job.
- Federal government experience.
Compared to other government jobs, persons working for Food Corporation of India (FCI) enjoys fewer perks and benefits. Besides the salary, there are not many allowances.
- Corruption is rampant.
- Minimum growth opportunities as there is no departmental exams and promotions are completely seniority based.
- Very high red-tapism.
- Poor salary.
- Long working hours.
- Interference of the third party.
More from us:
Team BYJU'S Exam Prep!